Why I love living in S. Florida- Always a SURPRISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
It seems that every year one or two of my sneaky girls slip a clutch by me and the husband and we invariably find "feral" hatchlings. Last year we found 4 that appeared from the same clutch This year is no different, he found only one this morning, but it looks pretty good. The "feral" ones tend to be more shy than their incubated counterparts in the beginning. I managed to get some good pics of it though, it looks to be a few weeks old. Shell is a bit dirty, but I guess that is from digging its way out of the ground. What a great way to begin the weekend!

Allegra

PS it is eating already, gotta love 'em.

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*drools* Now that is a keeper! I agree what an awesome way to start a weekend or any day. The only thing feral that ever shows up in my yard are cats. Just not fair! *pouts*

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
That's awesome! What a great find. Where in the yard was it? It's great that this sort of thing happens for you every year.
I didn't realize they could grow a bit and still keep their umbilicus and egg tooth. Very interesting! :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
God, I am SOOOO jealous! You have new torties just crawling out of the ground for you!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
You certainly produce some nice looking cherryheads, even if you're not trying!

pochito

5 Year Member
fort lauderdale
that's awesome!! i hope the same thing happens to me since I've found a few old nests in my red foot pen.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Just more proof that they do pretty good without intervention. :D She is just beautiful. What a wonderful surprise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.