WIllow refuses to sleep in her enclosure

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
I may have to go from a tortoise table to an actual wood/w screen top enclosure when willow is inside( I live in MN) . She absolutely REFUSES to sleep in her own bed and prefers mine. She has figured how to climb OUT of her tort table by piling items in a corner to get to my bed( I put the table near my bed so she could be watched and not fall out). I thought I had built it TALL enough but I guess not since I have caught her carrying items and piling them up. When she cant get out she just rams the sides untill picked up.. then she looks at you like HI THERE.. Play with me. She has cypress mulch in her enclosure and a spot where there is reptile carpet with soft fabric fleece.. I think its more of she dont want to be along becuase once she crawls on my bed she will go to sleep next to me. How do I get her to sleep in her own space?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Cover the top of the enclosure with a secure method. It would be a shame if you rolled on her during the night and she was not able to free herself....:(

A tortoise will naturally, relentlessly, tirelessly climb over edges of the enclosure wall....some will pace, some will ram----I would reconsider perhaps the size of the enclosure....also, you can remove some of the items the tort is working to the edges to use as a ramp....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Do you turn the light off at night?

Sounds like you need a bigger enclosure with taller sides.