Worried about my Red Foot - Please check out his set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholsNINE

5 Year Member
Ok today is the day! I'll be getting moss, cat food, and hopfully a bigger container that's one unit! Tick rock's eyes are already almost peerfect and now that the humidifier has ran for a couple days my room feels very humid! That is good for tick rock AND my allergies AND my guitar! :)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Iluvemturts said:
I used mine for boxies but it could be used for redfoots as well
http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37098

That's the exact box i saw at walmart two weeks ago! I wish they would have released them earlier in the season...when i was getting Nigel set up. If they go on sale I will totally get one just in case

dont forget to take pictures

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Here's where I got mine. I wish I saw it on sale.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YUUOH0/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

056.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The Christmas tree totes are usually $25 at Walmart. Though if your very lucky you can find them on sale. I did one day :D and got 15 at $3.00 each.

Danny

NicholsNINE

5 Year Member
Well I couldn't find a new home today (our wal-mart doesn't have anything good), and I couldn't find the cat food (what gives?!) but I did get the moss.

He seems to like it. I pulled it apart and misted it so it's moist all the way through.

My only worry is that he burrowed way into it, with a ton of it on top of him. Is that okay? Can he get out on his own and breathe? I pulled him out for now, but if I'm gone and he does it is it okay?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Mine usually stays under in his hide all day until he comes out to eat and wander about a little. It is perfectly natural and he is loving it.
scan00072.jpg

NicholsNINE

5 Year Member
He looks cute back there!

Right now Tick Tock is in his hide (I'm using a cardboard box with some packing tape holding the top flaps up) and burrowed pretty deep to where you can't see him just a large mound of moss. I hope that's okay!

His temp reading looks good (88 degrees). The humidity level though, according to the cheap hygrometer, is about 43%...I've kept a warm mist humidifier running for a few days now non stop and now he has moist moss...so I'm not sure what to try next. The hygrometer is on the top of the hide though, not inside so maybe it's better underneath?

Hopefully I'll find one of those cool looking Christmas tree containers soon! Also, I need to find that cat food!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Its perfectly fine for him to burrow down into the moss ;)

shawngt2

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Toronto
I've found that I've had more sucess keeping the temp between 80 - 85 anything higher than that in his hide has given my guy watery eyes because the humidity has a harder time to keep. 82-83 is where things seem perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.