Worried about my Russian?

unitepariahs

Location (City and/or State)
New York
They do look slightly puffy on the first pic but normal on the second one, leading me to think it’s more an irritant situation and not respiratory, especially if it seems to clear up by itself quite quickly, and the rubbing. The only think I can think of personally, perhaps others will spot something I haven’t, is it possible your substrate is a little dusty? Sometimes coir can dry out on top and get like that, I personally think it works better as a base, make it nice and damp(but not muddy lol) packed down firmly by hand(not left fluffy because it can dry quicker) with a layer of mulch on top that will hopefully keep the under layer moist enough. Obviously you don’t want humidity creeping up too high for these guys, but it should settle down

Because the watery eyes are coinciding with a slight decrease in activity, definitely do monitor it, which I’m sure you will, you sound a very caring and attentive owner🥰

No apologies necessary! I’m the exact same when it comes to our red foot🐢❤️

it’s slightly on the long side, but looks short enough to wear down naturally without the need for a trim. Feeding in a large serving slate can really help with this if you haven’t got one already🙂if he has no trouble eating, I wouldn’t be concerned about it either👍
Yeah the first pic was more shortly after waking up and the second was after being awake for a bit so it definitely calmed down on its own. I don't think the substrate is too dusty but I need to add a bit more to it anyway since the depth has gone down a little due to daily spot cleaning and I was planning on adding more mulch on top so that should create the effect you mentioned 🙂

He is fed on a slate but it's only about the size of his food so I could def get a bigger one! He has no trouble eating other than being dumb and sometimes missing the leaf he's going for 😅

Thank you so much for all your help and reassurance, I really really appreciate you! I love my guy so much I'd do anything for him and I appreciate any and all help in making sure his conditions are as good as possible! Prior to being adopted by me, he used to be in a 2x1 fish tank with 2" substrate, no basking light, and was only fed cauliflower 🥲 I'm determined to make up for it.

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
lol ours misses her leaves too, it’s so precious to watch😂
No problem at all! You’re a wonderful person for taking him in and drastically improving his life, he’s so lucky to have you! It’s lovely having new members like yourself! Hope to see you stick around❤️