WOW- Just had Big Quake

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yuppers still here ......was a big one here. Like Lance ..I'm REALLY close to the epicenter ....shook the whole house for quiet a while. Like most folks mentioned there were a few of them ...but the big one was really felt! Tiff....I'm impressed with your building knowledge, those "beams" are called "Headers". Always found under above a doorway (why they tell ya to stand under a door) and or in various part of your building structure..............:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm curious if anyone noticed their dogs, etc. acting any differently prior to the shaker.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
N2TORTS said:
yuppers still here ......was a big one here. Like Lance ..I'm REALLY close to the epicenter ....shook the whole house for quiet a while. Like most folks mentioned there were a few of them ...but the big one was really felt! Tiff....I'm impressed with your building knowledge, those "beams" are called "Headers". Always found under above a doorway (why they tell ya to stand under a door) and or in various part of your building structure..............:D

Is anyone's Tortoise acted funny or different before the big one hit? They all "running" out looking for cover?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
I'm curious if anyone noticed their dogs, etc. acting any differently prior to the shaker.

Yes .....and Sally my U2.....she knew right off the bat ...before they hit!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, yeah...but what did she do?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
My dogs used to scratch at the doors to get it prior, but I don't have dogs anymore, and Tank was probably just like "Excuse me- why is my house rumbling?"

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Well, yeah...but what did she do?

Got really upset ...feathers fluffed out (offensive gesture) and started screaming .....and believe me Cockatoos are one of the loudest birds on the planet.:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, did you realize there was going to be an earth quake, or did you just think she was going crazy?

(This sort of thing just fascinates me)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
It was about 2 mins before the quake ...at first I did not know what she was screaming about at first ... jumped outta bed and ran into the office to see what she was yacking about ...thought maybe one of the cats (although -they know better) jumped up on her cage (it's covered at night) . Then the Quake hit ....it was hard hit here...Ran and got Cindy and headed for the biggest "header" in the house....She was upset to say the least....and yes Yvonne' I have those same interest on how animals have a 6th sense...Dealing with my seizures the cats know....when they are going to happen or after they happened ...one cat I'm closest with in particular gets "extra affectionate" .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad everyone's okay. Your quakes, fires and mud slides makes my snow and cold not so bad:D

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
bouaboua said:
N2TORTS said:

Is anyone's Tortoise acted funny or different before the big one hit? They all "running" out looking for cover?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All the torts slept right through it. Since the quake was at night, all were in their enclosure. No one even came out to see what was going on.

Zxsong

Pasadena, CA.
Wow thanks for telling me the procedures of earthquake emergencies! I was NE raised so I only know tornados and black ice. My tort slept through the entire thing.

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Scary stuff...... there was even a tornado in Roseville CA where I grew up last week? strange things are happening lol

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: WOW- Just had Big Quake

happyjoyjoy said:
Scary stuff...... there was even a tornado in Roseville CA where I grew up last week? strange things are happening lol

I don't recall.. I'll look it up... I know there were a few warnings, but never any actual ones.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Glad you guys and girls are all ok . But I must say thats why im living in good ole Texas!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: WOW- Just had Big Quake

mike taylor said:
Glad you guys and girls are all ok . But I must say thats why im living in good ole Texas!

I must say, if this insanity continues, I might have to move east. :rolleyes: