Yellow Foots Eggs

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
After somewhat hijacking @Yvonne G thread about her yellow foots laying eggs. She said that hers are always ping pong shaped. I also noticed many others that got eggs from there Yellowfoots are ping pong shaped too. The collection of my Yellowfoots derive from Peru (supposedly amazon basin) and tend to lay rather large eggs and are oblongish in shape. So just wanted to throw these out and see if anyone else has any oblong massive jumbo eggs from there Yellowfoots. I've never hatched any from the Peruvian lines. But the Suriname and Guyana I have in the past.

Chunky monkey is the main egg layer. She's about 20 pounds and almost 18" the males toad and toadette are 13-14"

Chunky Monkey
image.jpg

Toad
image.jpg

And the eggs of mammoth portions. The smallest egg weighs 63 grams and the largest 82 huge eggs. At 2" in length and 1 3/8" in girth.
image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wish I had the larger species of YF tortoise. Mine are all pretty small. I'll take a picture later today and add it to my egg thread.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I wish I had the larger species of YF tortoise. Mine are all pretty small. I'll take a picture later today and add it to my egg thread.
They eat like horses though. Hard to get to acclimate too. About 9 years ago I got shipment of some massive Brazilian Yellowfoots. Each one of them died unfortunately. Covered in ticks the size of quarters and leaches. The only one that made it died a few years ago. She was rather large.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah was sad. They were awesome too. Very large. 20-24" the one that survived the longest was the smallest she was around 18" just never really adapted and did well. So I got the Peruvians as Youngins. They're not really showing me that there giants though. At 9 years old the males aren't that big really in comparison of other yellow foot locales.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Your yellowfoots are very nice looking...ecspeially the second picture. What a beauty!! I hope to have a yellow one day :)