Status
Not open for further replies.

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I have seen this condition on a few WC YFs now and I'm not sure what it is. I am referring to the center of that costal scute. I've seen this on more that one scute in varying degrees on some other WC YFs. It looks like a fungus to me. The plastrons were not effected like typical fungus or shell rot. I have passed up the Torts I've seen with this condition as to not spread it to others. Is it a fungus that can be treated with Betadine or merley cosmetic? P.S. It's not my Tort, just one for sale.
YF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Shell fungus. It is kind of odd in that all of the dorsal scutes are not involved though. It might be that the one scute was damaged unrelated to the fungus. But any event, the fungal attack seems rather limited and easy to control.

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA
cdmay said:
Shell fungus. It is kind of odd in that all of the dorsal scutes are not involved though. It might be that the one scute was damaged unrelated to the fungus. But any event, the fungal attack seems rather limited and easy to control.

If you look closley it appears to be starting out in a couple other scutes also.

cdmay said:

Here is another more advanced example.

Attachments

• shell rot.jpg
    shell rot.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.