Yikes!!! Rosie flashed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
Well I guess Rosie finally got tired of being called a "she"and decided to flash me. It was a normal evening of getting a nightly soak and dinner hand delivered. After dinner I decided to turn the shower own to rinse him all off and a shell rub. With the water running on his back and the shell rub must have been all it took for it to climb out and say hello. He stood up real tall and proud then laid down and unreeled that thing!!! Omg it was shocking! I gotta get a hose reel for that thing so he won't get it tangled around his feet and Hurt himself. Time for a manly name now.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
You should get used to that sight. It seems like when they first discover it, they let it out during every soak.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
jaizei said:
You should get used to that sight. It seems like when they first discover it, they let it out during every soak.

Yep, exactly what my Leo did. For about a month or longer. He has finally settled down with it. I guess he proved all he needed too:D

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
One of my Aldabras flashed me for the first time today! I am actually glad he is a he. I heard males are not as common as females...

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
I sure hope he does relax somewhat with it. I don't want to have to explain to my 3 and 4yo why he has five legs now. My wife asked about naming him diesel since he is a big strong block and I'm a engine builder for Caterpillar and international.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
^ I said that out loud to my wife and she had a good laugh also. I come from a small farm town and have odd sayings for everything lol. Glad to give you a good laugh. Hosey sounds pretty good also but I wonder how I can explain the name choice in a pg rated manner lol.

knechtion53

5 Year Member
SF East Bay Area
Wow! I was gonna write a post and ask some questions about this very thing happenening today with one of my Sulcatas. He is almost 13 and I haven't observed this with him before. Elvis wasn't even having a soak, just out in his enclosure. I came outside to feed him and noticed him up so high on his front legs with his parts all the way out. Took him about 3 min to calm down and bring it back in. He was exhausted for another min or so then headed for his food. YIKES is right! Glad to hear it's normal behavior.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I don't see why he can't stay a Rosie. It's just a name and it's a great name!

My red foot exposed himself to me a few months ago and now does at every soak, lol :p

abclements

5 Year Member
I agree with DaisyDuke... My almost 1 year old is named Franklin, and he/she will stay Franklin even if HE ends up being a SHE lol Just because I would confuse myself :)

But that being said, if you do decide to switch names, I really think Diesel is a great name for a tort!

I think I can wait for the moment when Franklin decides he wants to show off his manhood (if he is in fact a he)! I've seen pics and it's enough to give you nightmares lol

erica anne

5 Year Member
abclements said:
I agree with DaisyDuke... My almost 1 year old is named Franklin, and he/she will stay Franklin even if HE ends up being a SHE lol Just because I would confuse myself :)

But that being said, if you do decide to switch names, I really think Diesel is a great name for a tort!

I think I can wait for the moment when Franklin decides he wants to show off his manhood (if he is in fact a he)! I've seen pics and it's enough to give you nightmares lol

We have a Franklin too and the vet believes he is a she. Whatever Franklin turns out to be, the name stays lol.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Pmsl!!! Haha it's quite a shock when they first exposé themselves :D
I like diesel but hosie might be an easier conversion for the kids.

abclements

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Yikes!!! Rosie flashed me

erica anne said:
We have a Franklin too and the vet believes he is a she. Whatever Franklin turns out to be, the name stays lol.

Haha ya i wouldnt be shocked if mine turned out a girl too... i have a friend with a cherry as well and his is showing the more masculine features and mine the more feminine. But then again, theyre only a year old lol

Status
Not open for further replies.