You just never know

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
With my leopard eggs, I had real good timing with one female and her eggs would hatch between 100 and 120 days typically. My second female laid a few clutches this year, some fertile, some not. Most of her clutch hatched 110-130 days but I had 2 eggs left which still looked viable. I left them in the incubator for a while since they were my last two eggs of the year, and after about 170 days, I decided they were done. I unplugged the incubator on Monday and planned to clean it out over the weekend. That Friday my sons says an egg is cracked with a head sticking out. Sure enough, one hatched after all this time. He's tiny and has a few split scutes but seems very healthy. So I guess you shouldn't give up on them until the eggs prove they are no good.

And I plugged the incubator back in, just in case the last egg is still good. :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have read other threads before, where a tort hatched wayyyyyy past the expected times. They (other members, not sure who) say to wait until the egg goes bad or shows signs of not being any good. Cuz, ya just never know:D
Congrats, hope the other one decides to join the world.