You know you have a tortoise when...

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Near Disneyland
You know you have a tortoise when...

...Your new daily hobby is hunting and killing the horde of gophers that is trying their level best to destroy all the foods you've been planting for your tortoises. {Best Bill Murray impression voice} "Oh Mister Gopher..."

...You want to cry when said gophers dig under your newly planted anti-gopher plant, and eat the roots of your new "gopher repelling" plant. Not kidding here, as I mutter profanities under my breath and feed that rodent's relatives to my hawks and snakes. With extreme prejudice.
You need a wolf-hybird, to patrol your yard. He will get rid of your voles real quick!

shellcior

Magnolia, Tx
Of course I landscape the backyard to suit my boy Tank. I have a camera in his "building" to watch out for him. I installed locks on my gate to keep intruders OUT! And during Hurricane Harvey, I did not sleep for almost 3 days while the 45 inches of rain came down so I could evacuate Tank if the water came up to the house. I live by myself so I was afraid to sleep for fear of flash flooding and the bayou down the street coming over it's banks as it was FULL!! That was the scariest 3 days of my life!!!!!

jksmith100

Redmond, WA
When you dream of building a bigger indoor enclosure and think, "do we really need a couch and coffee table?"

When you tell your wife that what you really want for Christmas is a laser temp gun. And 20 pounds of bark.

When you have family conversations about ultraviolet light and the thermodynamics of heat spreading out from a lamp.