3 New Hatchlings

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Poor girl, so sorry to read this Heather. It's repetitive, but so many were really hoping they would pull through and share your disappointment.

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
really sorry to hear that :( RIP Tiny Tim and Butters

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Heather, although you knew the possibilities going into this, it still leaves a hole in your heart. I have a rescue, Ms. Piggy, who's fighting for her life right now. I pray for a miracle, as I pray that the other two thrive and there's no long term affects to deal with. You're special to do this...but, it still hurts when we lose one. In your case, what a shock to lose two in the same night! God bless you.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Ya, 2 in the same night was weird. What are the odds?

I read a bit about ms piggy. Let me go catch up on your latest...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So sad. It sounds like the breeder knows what the new deal is, so how did this happen? Who told this new owner to dehydrate these babies?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh man, Heather, so sorry:(. I thought the other two would have made it. It's so sad. We know you did everything possible for them to have a chance. So sorry, they just couldn't hang on.

ulkal

5 Year Member
RIP Tiny Tim and Butters. I am so sorry, Heather, that this happens despite all your efforts to bring them back on track.
I hope its a comfort to see the rest of your herd thrive, knowing that you do everything possible to keep them happy and healthy.
Any chance the breeder will adopt the hot and humid method?

Are there any studies about the influence of dehydration on the organs of tortoises. I mean this is not only a cosmetic issue with a few bumps?!