40 Gallon Closed Chamber

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I guess you are right that with a thermostat it would be great to have the higher wattage just in case. What wattage would you recommended getting? Where do most get their thermostats and what brand? I just want to make sure I have the right things.

I didn't skimp on the thermostat since it was one of the most important tools I'd need for my torts. I got a Herpstat by Spyder Robotics. That and a solarmeter were the two expensive toys I just had to have ;)

You definitely have other choices that are cheaper and still very much reliable. I'm sure people can suggest a favorite. I was in your place once and really wanted a set list that took the guesswork out, but, unfortunately there's much too much to choose from depending on your limits/situation.

Scute Mob

Location (City and/or State)
Eastern CT
I didn't skimp on the thermostat since it was one of the most important tools I'd need for my torts. I got a Herpstat by Spyder Robotics. That and a solarmeter were the two expensive toys I just had to have ;)

You definitely have other choices that are cheaper and still very much reliable. I'm sure people can suggest a favorite. I was in your place once and really wanted a set list that took the guesswork out, but, unfortunately there's much too much to choose from depending on your limits/situation.

Thank you so much! I am looking at thermostats now. I'll have to do some research and see which one is the best for the money. EVENTUALLY I will have all the best gadgets, but for now I'm looking for reliable, does the job without any real extras. So far I found this which at least has great reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018CLYNG/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Thanks for the help!