A Special New Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I was gifted this little gem today as a "good faith gift" and she is the most incredible little ball of life I have ever had the pleasure of holding in my palm. She is studbook # 1662 and her mother is #443 a very high yellow and saught after bloodline. I've always wanted radiata, and now here she is. Enjoy.

Radiata5.jpg

Radiata1.jpg

Radiata2.jpg

Radiata4.jpg

Radiata6.jpg

Radiata3.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
My goodness Chris she is a beauty and what a face she just looks like she is ready to be a handful and her face in the last pic looks like she is saying "Don't mess with me, 'cause I'm ready to take you on" LOL . Congratulations. :)

tortoise_lover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
wow.. very cute radiated tortoise.. how many scutes does it has? :D

very cute....

torto_x

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
What a pretty baby! Unique extra scute, and she's going to have beautiful thick lines.
Do colour and pattern on carapace of a baby tortoise inherit traits from their parents?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
She's beautiful! What a gift!

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
What a great gift... I agree with Robyn though...That last pic of her face is priceless :D

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Very cool Chris!!! They are really awesome torts. She is a beauty, and all that yellow, WOW, she will only get more as she grows!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Chris congratulation, she is so adorable. The pattern on her shell is amazing and her little face is so cute :D

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thank you everyone :)

She has 7 vertebral scutes instead of 5 but call me crazy, I kinda like it. I think it gives her personality. I've never been one to get upset over extra or split scutes as long as I know about it before I receive the animal, plus it still is a great gift.;)

She's full of life and yes her color will be something to write home about. I will be sure to post photos as she grows.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Looking great Chris and excellent pictures :) Looks like a male to me though :D

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
She is really stunning Chris! Congrats!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never seen a baby radiated tortoise before. What a pretty little thing. The camouflage on her carapace is so interesting. I'll bet its pretty hard to spot them in the wild when hiding under the bushes or in the tall grass. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures are great.

Yvonne

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Wow Chris that is the prettiest baby I have ever seen. Congratulations :) What are you going to name him?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Like Yvonne, I hadn't saw a baby before. What a beautiful shell it has. I look forward to getting to watch it grow thru the pictures you will be sharing with us. What a wonderful gift!

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Rollo - she looks like caramel and chocolate. :D Wait add nuts and that would be a turtle. LOL I crack myself up. It's late I think I am punchy. :p

Dawna

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Congrats Chris, she is beautiful... I just saw a large group of adults today at the zoo, But I must say her markings are way prettier then the adults I saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.