Adopted Max

Nosignal

I received Max from a gentleman looking to rehome him. He is a beast at 2.5 years old. Little over 7 inchest length 5 inches wide and heavy. He is very outgoing and active. For sure a male but don't know if he is a gpp, gpb but most likely a hybrid.20160412_131705.jpg

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I received Max from a gentleman looking to rehome him. He is a beast at 2.5 years old. Little over 7 inchest length 5 inches wide and heavy. He is very outgoing and active. For sure a male but don't know if he is a gpp, gpb but most likely a hybrid.View attachment 170388
I have a Max too! Hes a russian though. My next tortoise will be a leopard tortoise

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Good looking tort. Most likely a hybrid. Very difficult to find true gpp these days. Good size, coloring, a bit of pyramiding but nothing bad, and the fact he is solid is good.

Nosignal

Thanks, he seems to be enjoying his new pen and friend. Already seeing new growth, not like I did anything but it took him a week to really start moving around but he seems to like it ( he is eating and pooping) so I think he is OK with the change

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice-looking tortoise.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
Lucky you!

How do you kow for sure that he's a male? by flashing? I have one bigger than him and it's companion about the same as Max's size, more than 2 years with me, but still unsure about them. nobody has flashed me yet, they both have smallish tails but different from each her. i'm hoping for a pair.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
@OP: if you can, plase post a tail/plastron pic. I am tryig to get as much info on confirmed males that are Max's size and age. this is about the time that males develop so i am compiling notes. thanks.

Nosignal

No worries, I will post a picture of him. Max seems to have a very large/long tail with male plastron characteristics.

J.P.

5 Year Member
Philippines
Thanks Nosignal! Mine's tails and subcaudals are nowhere close to Max's

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks, he seems to be enjoying his new pen and friend. Already seeing new growth, not like I did anything but it took him a week to really start moving around but he seems to like it ( he is eating and pooping) so I think he is OK with the change

Who is the "friend"?

Max is a male, and a handsome one at that.

Nosignal

I made the pen larger to help hold the two. Its a 20×20 pen. He is with the leopard I found (Karoo) I understand you shoud not have a pair but I am looking for more leopards.