Advice/Recommendations on Viviariums

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hello fellow Tort enthusiasts,

First of all I wanted to say a massive thank you for the no BS, straight up answers to my previous questions - I had pretty much been convinced of the wrong information by other sources, so I appreciate the help in caring for my little guy.

I basically wanted some recommendations and advice, I currently have him in a vivarium, given how tiny he is the size is perfectly fine in terms of stomping ground, but heightwise it could be a little higher to avoid his basking lamp from damaging his eyesight, shell or drying out his substrate too fast.

If anybody has any recommendations on where I could purchase a good size vivarium (he is about 5cm long) but also any advice on a temporary fix for the basking light being too low issue? (I know that most places have a waiting period of about 4-6 weeks so I need something in the meantime)

thanks!

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Think I would probably go for the bar light because it more closely replicates a flouro tube and we know torts dont have issues with them. Im not sure if they might have problems with all the individual points of light with the LED strip. Id be curious to find out if others have tried these?

pic didnt work

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
If anybody has any recommendations on where I could purchase a good size vivarium (he is about 5cm long) but also any advice on a temporary fix for the basking light being too low issue? (I know that most places have a waiting period of about 4-6 weeks so I need something in the meantime)
We recently learned about this company in the UK that makes all different sizes of enclosures.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome and good luck finding what you need. You are on the right forum for information!