Alive or Dead? Help!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I have no idea why these other replies did not show up on my feed! I'm sorry...I'm the one that was late! I was the only comment there when I sent it...[emoji19]
I can say that a few days ago I couldn't connect to tortoise forum either. Every time I tried it wouldn't. I was losing it! And then I was able to connect later. That was a big relief.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
What's happening here?
The OP posted her original post. According to my feed, 6 hours went by and there were no responses to her, so I wrote my reply (currently post #17).

A short time later I rechecked the thread, and posts 2 thru 16 had shown up! They were not there when I sent my reply.

The kind of thing that drives me nuts! [emoji57]

Turtle Love

i got my desert tortoise 6 months ago as a present, she is 13 years old. she had runny nose , eyes closed and didnot eat for the last 2 days. i took her to a vet, he said she had upper respiratory infection like a flu but dangerous for tortoises. he tried to give her medicine in her mouth but she refused. so he injected her with something i dont remember its name to help. but now she is not moving at all and her legs are limp. Is this normal? what can i do? Is she dead? why?
Oh dear. I'm so sorry for you and your baby. If the vet injected Baytril, some tortoises are allergic to it. But it seems like he would have sent you home with the medicine and syringes to continue the treatment if it was Baytril. Sincerely hope she recovers.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Can you find out and tell the group what she was injected with? It could help others avoid a tragedy.
I'm so sorry you lost your tortoise. Hopefully you'll get some answers for tortoises in general.