All tortoise Enclosure protecting (Russians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
There's a trick to protecting your enclosures from predators even if you cant close them up at night! And you do live where its rule area or in the middle of no where, Here it is and it works! When my two dogs go to the bathroom I pick it up their pooh with the plastic bag and i actually throw it into the surrounding areas around my enclosure into the woods! It works no cats, raccoons,bunnies foxes, bears etc: Dare to enter those areas for they feel and they think a dog might be in that area! Out side animals smell the dog pooh and decide not to attempt faith! Its called barrier protecting and it works!!!!! But I still cover any way to keep the mosquitos out and that one daring animal who temps faith (Boy he or she would be f__ked if my dogs out at that time because he does patrols of that area I've trained him for that especially with the wood chucks in area they use to be a lot but no more! they smell the Barrier and don't attempt faith and stay away! yeah i have whats called the jack russell he's the master of hunting dont mess with him and his area!

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Thats the cutest guard dog I have ever seen. Great idea and use of poo.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I wish dog poo would keep the rabitts out of my yard. What kind of dog is that. My guess is Jack Russel, but not sure.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very fun stuff....I kinda heard that about mammals as a tool to keep them away...but I wonder if a load of it in the dang gophers hole would do the same....

I have this one (good grief I know I fooling myself thinking it is one) gopher who has become bold and is now trying his luck up by my front porch (which is where all my plants are primarily at) well, yesterday I got so mad I put my girl dog on a leash (she is kill happy when it comes to small and furry/feathers) and we snuck up to the hole and laid wait for his little butt, my girl knew something was in there and broke she dove in face first and had that hole opened up like in 5 seconds...she mucked up some of the yard (but heck, that ground idiot was mucking it up so figured its my damn yard I'll muck it up if I want to)
so she did that face plant in the hole and breathed in and out so hard..it was hilarious, albeit the ground idiot got away...so left the hole open then went back later last night stomped it and covered it over, did the hat dance on it to pack the dirt down ...so far we are on watch. We did this one other time and after 3 retaliations, the idiots went back out to the other parts of the property... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.