Almost done with Spanish!

Ellie933

Location (City and/or State)
Mobile Alabama
I just finished my Freshman year of high school during which I decided to join the International Baccalaureate program. However, I have to have FOUR language credits and I didn't take Spanish my Freshman year. So now-- I have to take it over the summer. I only 1 unit left and then I'm done! Hoping I can get it done in the next two days!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have fun with it. I still remember a few words of Spanish from High School, but I never was able to "think" in Spanish, so I didn't do well in the class. You have to be able to not have to translate it in your mind before it comes out of your mouth.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just finished my Freshman year of high school during which I decided to join the International Baccalaureate program. However, I have to have FOUR language credits and I didn't take Spanish my Freshman year. So now-- I have to take it over the summer. I only 1 unit left and then I'm done! Hoping I can get it done in the next two days!!
Muy bien! Mi hija está adquiriendo fluidez. Yo, no tanto...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Congrats on going IB. I work for IB schools, its a great direction to go in, especially if you decide to be a teacher (not sure if that is what you are interested in). Spanish-speaking IB teachers are in HUGE demand right now...

Ellie933

Mobile Alabama
Congrats on going IB. I work for IB schools, its a great direction to go in, especially if you decide to be a teacher (not sure if that is what you are interested in). Spanish-speaking IB teachers are in HUGE demand right now...
Thank you! I am actually planning on going into the medical field, but I still think that IB will be super helpful in that line of work. That's really interesting that you teach at IB schools!! :)

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Thank you! I am actually planning on going into the medical field, but I still think that IB will be super helpful in that line of work. That's really interesting that you teach at IB schools!! :)

Oh I definitely DO NOT teach, lol. I'm totally back office... I much prefer the company of animals than children...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I took Spanish in highschool because I love their music 🎵🎶. I had to choose between French and Spanish. Not saying I don't like French music. Spanish is just my preference.

Ellie933

Mobile Alabama
I took Spanish in highschool because I love their music 🎵🎶. I had to choose between French and Spanish. Not saying I don't like French music. Spanish is just my preference.
I get that. I decided to take Spanish because my parents both took French in highschool and then said they wished that they had taken Spanish. There aren't many French people in the U.S. that don't also speak English, but my mom has to have Spanish translators come in to talk to some of her Hispanic patients. I figured Spanish might be more useful- especially with how many more people I could meet and talk to once I learn it! I can find so many new friends and enjoy the culture-- including the music! 🎶 🎵

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That is if I can ever figure out when to use vosotros and nosotros 😭
It's interesting that they have accents too. I personally love the Mexican people's accent. It's easier to speak because you don't have to work your tongue half to death kinda... Wow all those syllables geesh 😉🥴😁🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's interesting that they have accents too. I personally love the Mexican people's accent. It's easier to speak because you don't have to work your tongue half to death kinda... Wow all those syllables geesh 😉🥴😁🤗
I use to tease my Hispanic friends about it. 🤗