Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
None of the family will take her in, but what about a senior housing situation? Can't recall the title given to those homes for seniors who just need somebody to make sure they have meds, provide meals for them and basic housekeeping. Not talking a nursing home as she is not that bad.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Jacqui said:
None of the family will take her in, but what about a senior housing situation? Can't recall the title given to those homes for seniors who just need somebody to make sure they have meds, provide meals for them and basic housekeeping. Not talking a nursing home as she is not that bad.

I believe you are talking about assisted living. She was in one once before, but I think they basically kicked her out because again, she would not do anything. :( They basically said she needed to be in a nursing home since she would not do anything for her self. So sad.

ARKelly

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Does she pay rent? I would start charging her to live there.. the more you do for her the more she pays!

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Laura said:
Does she pay rent? I would start charging her to live there.. the more you do for her the more she pays!

LOL, she does pay part of the utilities and part of the food cost. I guess you could call it rent. I call it pitching in. :D But money is not the problem and no matter how much she does or does not pay, things will still be rough. I do know what you mean though. If she has to pay more for what I do for her, maybe she will do more. I wonder if it would do any good?

ARKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.