I am soooooo bummed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
So my sister is moving (that is a different sad story)and cleaning out her house and garage and she finds a turtle heat light (so we thought) thing. Her nephew lived with her and for a short time had an RES. She said he gave the rest of its stuff away when the poor thing died. Well I took the light and was going to use it over my baby boxies. I plugged it in and it lit up different colors so I turned it over and a light up turtle walks by and words go by. I am thinking this is the strangest heat lamp ever, but he was a strange kid. I went to the web site marked on the light and it is a programable sign not a heat lamp. Darn! I don't need a sign. I wonder if this is why his turtle died or if he had it for some other reason :(

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
I know this is a sad story for the RES but I cracked a smile about the light up turt with words :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How neat! Not that you didn't get what you needed, but the sign thingy!! you actually got something much neater.Sods likeun

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Ya I don't think I have any use for it. And I am not sure how to program it. Upon closer inspection it looks like it has a phone jack conected to the light....wierd.......

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
ahhaahah, i would not have expected that to happen! sad to hear about the res, but good story about the light up sign :D hope you aren't too bummed..

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
The RES passed about 3 years ago. It was sad and annoying because it was probably because of lack of care or bad care advice. I don't know. He got it at Pet Smart and it was before I was a turtle/ tort person, so I didn't know anything about turtle care.
As for the sign...ya it is pretty funny. I just wish I had some use for it. As always I will save it until I find someone that needs it. Is this how hoarding begins:)?

Status
Not open for further replies.