Are these things edible?

Bass.Isles

Hey y'all. Wanted to ask about 3 different things. I will provide pics.

First, are beauty berry (calicarpa) leaves and/or fruit, edible for sulcatas?

Second, are phlox flowers edible for sulcatas?

These two things are very common where I live in Florida.

Third, what about Japanese millet? I'm not talking about feeding the seed, but the plant once it's grown. I'm just providing a pic of the seed incase it helps you identify what will grow from it.

Thanks everyone!images(28).jpgimages(29).jpgimages(33).jpgimages(32).jpgimages(30).jpgimages(31).jpg

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
The millet plant should be fine. It's technically a grass? Just like maize, the plant that grows corn is a really grass. Please correct me if I am wrong though

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hey y'all. Wanted to ask about 3 different things. I will provide pics.

First, are beauty berry (calicarpa) leaves and/or fruit, edible for sulcatas?

Second, are phlox flowers edible for sulcatas?

These two things are very common where I live in Florida.

Third, what about Japanese millet? I'm not talking about feeding the seed, but the plant once it's grown. I'm just providing a pic of the seed incase it helps you identify what will grow from it.

Thanks everyone!View attachment 220927View attachment 220928View attachment 220929View attachment 220930View attachment 220931View attachment 220932

I don't know what anyone else may say, but I have two large Beauty Bush plants and my Radiated Tortoises eat the berries directly off the Beauty Bush as well as off the ground when they happen to fall from the bushes. I have always let them do so and they have been doing it for 15 years, so I think those are safe.

Bass.Isles

I don't know what anyone else may say, but I have two large Beauty Bush plants and my Radiated Tortoises eat the berries directly off the Beauty Bush as well as off the ground when they happen to fall from the bushes. I have always let them do so and they have been doing it for 15 years, so I think those are safe.
Thanks so much.