Bad tortoise experience

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Malverne, NY
With all due respect to your loss, posting this type of review without any context or substantial proof of the vendors negligence is a bad look on your part. Tortoise supply could write some thing like this " Ok so I sold a b-grade tortoise to Saracheri because she didn't care about his cosmetic perfection but she provided horrible care and didnt listen to the advice we have given her. beware

My point is some background info would be nice

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
With all due respect to your loss, posting this type of review without any context or substantial proof of the vendors negligence is a bad look on your part. Tortoise supply could write some thing like this " Ok so I sold a b-grade tortoise to Saracheri because she didn't care about his cosmetic perfection but she provided horrible care and didnt listen to the advice we have given her. beware

My point is some background info would be nice
Could a tortoise die of bad husbandry that quickly. Not that I disagree with you, just asking.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Could a tortoise die of bad husbandry that quickly. Not that I disagree with you, just asking.
Don't know. Don't even know what type of tortoise. don't know what type of setup? don't know what type lighting or temps. I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make. Just stating "Tortoise Supply Bad!" doesn't let us get a glimpse of what happened.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Yeah it is good that you gave the review, but it would help a ton to specify everything so we all know for sure it was their fault and not to buy from them.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I was just made aware of this thread (thanks)! Looking through my orders, I don't have a "Sara" or a last name "Cheri" in many many months.... I went through all orders to Texas in the last few months, and there was none with a B grade (split scute) tortoise at all. I have never been contacted about this, and we would not have sent anything beat up at all, B grade simply means it has irregular scutes, not bad health. I'm assuming this post is about a different company. If not, I would love to see a name or invoice number so I can look into it further.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Ok so I bought a b-grade tortoise from Tortoise Supply because I didn't care about his cosmetic perfection but they sent me a beat up old worn out poor baby,and even with good care he died within 2 weeks. beware.
I got my Eastern Hermann’s Tortoise from Tortoise Supply in 2012. She arrived absolutely healthy and hardy, with good weight. She has continued to grow and is a wonderful, beautiful and healthy animal, still, in 2020. Tyler has ALWAYS responded promptly to any of my questions and I have gotten supplies from him.
My experience is that Tortoise Supply is top-notch!!! ??
I will continue to use them. HIGHLY recommended in my personal experience over 8 years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I wonder if the OP meant Tortoise Town?
I think Karen's suspicion is correct. The names can all be so confusing and similar to new people that don't really know who they are dealing with. Tyler's lack of an invoice for this name or region would confirm this.

Further, I do know Tyler and his lovely wife, and they would never sell a tortoise that wasn't in perfect health. Their hard earned business reputation is more important to them than a sale, but even beyond that, they are good people who simply believe in doing the right thing, even if it means losing money.

@saracheri please come back and set the record straight. Have you got the wrong tortoise company? Can you give us more info about what type of tortoise and how you were housing it?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ok so I bought a b-grade tortoise from Tortoise Supply because I didn't care about his cosmetic perfection but they sent me a beat up old worn out poor baby,and even with good care he died within 2 weeks. beware.

are you there???

jeannettep

Texas
I'm not for bashing a company online. Many of the people know I've had a heartbreaking time with getting properly raised hatchlings. I've not had an experience with any of the companies mentioned, but I would trust any of the longtime members here. I wish I had found this website & focused on what they say than what generic reviews were out on the web. More than the expense, it's really hard to bury hatchlings that had no chance. Any of these long time members who have responded, I recommend listening to their advise. I read almost all their posts.

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
Can you come back to the conversation and clarify where you bought your hatchling from??
Most of us are familiar with Tortoise Supply and feel you misspoke about the company you bought your tort from. Tortoise Supply has a good reputation and I personally have bought two Sulcata hatchlings from them as well as friends of mine and they are a top notch family owned and operated breeder and business. It’s not nice or fair to just throw statements out and then disappear!