If you wouldn't say it to their face, then PLEASE be careful how you say it on TFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Kind words costs us nothing, and is condusive to helping a newbie correct mistakes we see...and we were all once in those newbies' shoes, ourselves. ;)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen, but the first on this forum.

I think we all want to give our torts perfect care, but for some people that turns into lashing out against those that are confused simply asking for help. I'm not aware of the post that caused this thread, but I hope the victim gives our forum another chance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I didn't see this one either. I'd like to though. Can someone post a link so we can all learn from this?

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
RE: If you wouldn't say it to their face, then PLEASE be careful how you say it on T

Tom said:
I didn't see this one either. I'd like to though. Can someone post a link so we can all learn from this?

I looked for it too, but couldn't find anything.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I don't think I was one of the guilty parties in this particular case, but I know I do come across as rude and abrupt often.

I will say this in general, and I have told others: I am the EXACT same way in person as I am online. If you could see my face and hear my tone, I'm not necessarily trying to be mean or rude; I'm just very argumentative and love to gab about reptiles. Its nothing to be taken personally.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
RE: If you wouldn't say it to their face, then PLEASE be careful how you say it on TF

StudentoftheReptile said:
...but I know I do come across as rude and abrupt often.

No you don't.

:D

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
RE: If you wouldn't say it to their face, then PLEASE be careful how you say it on TF

Tom said:
StudentoftheReptile said:
...but I know I do come across as rude and abrupt often.

No you don't.

:D

Yes he does! LOL! Just kidding. ~C

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Like I said, sometimes we argue around here, but at the end of the day we don't have personal vendettas against each other :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

futureleopardtortoise said:
Like I said, sometimes we argue around here, but at the end of the day we don't have personal vendettas against each other :D

Yes we do.

:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

We do?? Oh... uh oh, apparently I'm doing it wrong then :D

No you're not.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
All is cool if you don't talk about; religion, politics, animal rights, etc., etc., etc....

Laurie

5 Year Member
I have personally only seen a handful of posts on here that I considered rude. I think it's very hard when reading comments on a forum to judge the persons intention. Without eye contact, voice infliction etc it's hard to know how to take someone. I am a pretty sarcastic person and sometimes I re read some of my posts and think they may not have come across the way I meant them.

I also think its equally as rude for some people who ask questions when it is clear they made no attempt to read any information on here. This forum has a wealth of information that is easy to access. I'm not saying its wrong to ask questions obviously, but when the same question was asked and answered six times on the same page, it just bothers me a bit. My own personal pet peeve I guess :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Laurie said:
I have personally only seen a handful of posts on here that I considered rude. I think it's very hard when reading comments on a forum to judge the persons intention. Without eye contact, voice infliction etc it's hard to know how to take someone. I am a pretty sarcastic person and sometimes I re read some of my posts and think they may not have come across the way I meant them.

I also think its equally as rude for some people who ask questions when it is clear they made no attempt to read any information on here. This forum has a wealth of information that is easy to access. I'm not saying its wrong to ask questions obviously, but when the same question was asked and answered six times on the same page, it just bothers me a bit. My own personal pet peeve I guess :)

OKAY! OKAY! I'M SORRY ALREADY!!!

;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

We could work on starting one, if you would like. :p

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming

Tom said:
No you're not.

You are certainly a man of few words this morning!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Jacqui said:

I was talking about having personal vendettas, not arguing. I know we argue like an old married couple on this forum all the time, I personally find it very entertaining :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jacqui said:

I was talking about having personal vendettas, not arguing. I know we argue like an old married couple on this forum all the time, I personally find it very entertaining :)

Do you find it more entertaining being one of the folks arguing or sitting back and watching?

Laurie

5 Year Member

Tom said:
Laurie said:

OKAY! OKAY! I'M SORRY ALREADY!!!

;)

This is your final warning!......

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
It depends. On some arguments I will put in my two cents, and then not have another word about it, and just watch. That's what I did with the Chick-Fil-A discussion. But in others I will get myself right in the middle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.