Beautiful Out Today...Can you spot the red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Just in ...from the " tort"routine....rounding um " up for chow/vita day time . Its beautiful out this morning..Can you spot the Redfoot?:p

redspot.jpg
redspot1.jpg
redspot2.jpg
redspot3.jpg
redspot4.jpg

..Have a wonderful day ! :)
PS: you should see the crazy ducks that cruised into the " pad" while I was taking these pics....... Soon to Follow...its a nice picture day right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What a beautiful habitat! Your love of plants really shines in these pictures.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I am frequently amazed at some of the backyards that I see on this forum. I want a backyard like this! Oh that's right if I had a pond like this one my Labrador would constantly be in it that's why I don't, :D ir my cats would be drinking out of it like they do Dales water dish. :( Does your Redfoot ever try to get into the water? Are you afraid that he might drown? From what I see here you are the Terryo of California. :D

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Is that their outdoor 'HOOD?

I take back everything I've said about you JD! ---- behind your back -----
BOWDOWN-1.gif

I'm glad they ended up with you.. after their "not the best start" { out of my hands } :(

Talk about "bragging-rights"!!!

Terry K

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Redfoot NERD said:
Is that their outdoor 'HOOD?

I take back everything I've said about you JD! ---- behind your back -----
BOWDOWN-1.gif

Terry K
Ut oh .....(grin)
yea this is the "hood" out side front play yard just beyond the " tort hut" :p

Candy
RE: Beautiful Out Today...Can you spot the red?
Does your Redfoot ever try to get into the water? Are you afraid that he might drown?

... .... its not that deep and a very gradual slope. They dont always have access to this spot. :)
JD~
PS .. Notice the RF Terry?:D

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Of course Jeff.. that's what this meant - I'm glad they ended up with you.. after their "not the best start" { out of my hands }

Talk about "bragging-rights"!!!

I didn't mean to 'piggy-back' your thread...

Terry K

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Terry I like to hear from ya anytime!
=:>)

emysemys said:
What a beautiful habitat! Your love of plants really shines in these pictures.

yes Yvonne I love Plants ....and well lets say in " ma blood" ...my G Parents were horticulerist specializing in Epiphyllums, I myself N2Plumerias......and Bamboos. Iam very blessed to live in such a great climate that is excellent for plants and torts alike.
Sometimes I forget that ........

why its fun to share with other folks who have the same interets.:):shy:
Here Is my FAVO ROSE in the garden
AKA " GEORGE BURNS" ....and yes thats really its name!
GEROGEBRUNS.jpg

JD~:)
The torts like it too! v^v^v^munch the pedals all the time !

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Gorgeous tort and beautiful habitat!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Absolutely stunning! Now I'm REALLY getting antsy waiting for Spring. Still in the low 40's here. You are so lucky with the weather you have now.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
GEORGE BURNS never looked that good! Simply beautiful home you have JD. At first I thought I was looking at a park. You have inspired me to get off my lazy butt and get to work in my yards!.....Yes, it WAS beautiful on the central coast today. Hope we get more of this weather!

GEORGE BURNS...who decided that name for a rose?????

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
GEORGE BURNS never looked that good! Simply beautiful home you have JD. At first I thought I was looking at a park. You have inspired me to get off my lazy butt and get to work in my yards!.....Yes, it WAS beautiful on the central coast today. Hope we get more of this weather!

GEORGE BURNS...who decided that name for a rose?????

I have the rego card ...Ahh here we go ...
George Burns â„¢
(cv. WEKcalroc George Burns Centennial) Pat# 10,334

Floribunda - Yellow, red, pink and cream striped

. For most of my exotics I try and keep accurate records. Its a must when dealing with plumerias since alot of times " cuttings" and or plants are not in flower at the time of purchase . One of the biggest scams out there..in the horticulture world.. " selling off plants that are not the color " bloom" you actually thought you were buying! And like torts the nicer the color the more value and harder to root/maintain .Iam up to about 25+ colors currently ...for plumies with about 200 specimans.
Ive grown this from a seedling back in 2006 and now stands about 18"..and still is about 1~2 years off from blooming this is one of the most rarest plumies for me and extremely hard one to find .This is a picture from the " Host " plant.
And just like tortoises you can " pollinate different Parent plants to produce seeds for certain colors ..... Then once established *unlike torts* you can take multiple cuttings .. and the will Bloom EXACTLY like the mother plant.
princessvictoria-1.jpg

" PRINCESS VICTORIA"
Da' " Plants and Torts go hand N hand " ~ ,,,mon'..~ ~ ~
JD:)

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
They are gorgeous. My Grandfather (passed on) had a greenhouse full of orchids, they were beautiful. I was a child (yes I'm still older than you) and I remember being fascinated by them. My Grandfather was always in his greenhouse tending his flowers. I also recall customers coming to house to buy flowers and went with him when he made deliveries. Special times we had....

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
They are gorgeous. My Grandfather (passed on) had a greenhouse full of orchids, they were beautiful. I was a child (yes I'm still older than you) and I remember being fascinated by them. My Grandfather was always in his greenhouse tending his flowers. I also recall customers coming to house to buy flowers and went with him when he made deliveries. Special times we had....

X~ACTLLY the Memories I have with my Grand pa! .... He passed when I was 16....and well a big part of me went too .... I miss him dearly ..but I think he taught me well! :) Ive been into Herps and plants since age 8...
Just found some very old ( yer not that much if you are;)..anyhow) pics Ill try and get on disk....too wild ...
My first alligator age 8 a present from two neighborhood girls ... Go figure....! ...:p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DonaTello said:
We better be careful JD, we don't wanna have any members 'lose their dinners' over our chatting...LOL (remember "New look' replies?)

NO Kidding!....
Ya think Iam worried???:D
" biting my tongue":p:p:p:p:p:p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh, it's just so cute! Remember to do the compatibility test before setting up the tea-time...;)

The rose! The "plumeria"! The green, living plants!

One morning you're gonna wake up to the sound of gardening, and when you look out your window, there will we be...TerryO and Steph, happily digging and trimming away! :p

Don't shoot us. :rolleyes:

S

Scooter

You have a gorgeous backyard. Your torts are very lucky.

I'm just curious in the last picture what is the red spot on her eardrum?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Not sure? .... but Iam watching it ... " I call um" age spots" <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.