Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
What are your opinions???

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I am leaning towards male (which would explain the little scrapper trying to take on a male twice it's size, lol.) I originally thought female but it is really changing.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Well, at this point it still looks like a female although it is still rather small to even guess on. Thats the problem with trying to sex juvenile tortoises, they all look like females--- until the time that the males suddenly look like males.
Behavior might be an indicator but then I have had some young females that shoved everybody else around as if they were Lucy from the Peanuts comic strip.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
My guess would be male.. (like i said Guess) based on the tale and shutes

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Are those two different torts? First looks like a girl, but the second a boy. It could be the angle...

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
allegraf said:
Are those two different torts? First looks like a girl, but the second a boy. It could be the angle...

Nope, same kid :) I angled the camera slightly in the shots.

This is the one that was dropped of with me a few months ago. About three years old, lived its whole life in a 10 gallon fed pellets with no humidity. Very heavily pyramided, but very happy now and growing like a weed!

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
I have to tell you that it is absolutely wonderful that you rescued the poor fellow, its mind boggling how someone could take such bad care of such a great animal. Good Job! I can see how you would lean toward female, but i have to say it looks like it will more than likely be male!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Looking like a female to me Kristina. :D

Danny

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Okay well I will keep calling her "she" lol. I thought she looked female when I got her, but she just looked like she might be um, growing some hair on her chin or something, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.