Big Bertha Doing Great

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
On my iPhone it comes out fine, I just tap it and it shows up great. I'm sorry she's not more active. You have definitely done all you can for her.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Bertha is more or less inactive.
You can't do anything more than you are. Give her time, see if she gets over the ordeal of injections etc. She's had a very stressful few months. Best to leave her and see what happens IMO. Offer food and water, bathe her daily. That's all you can do for now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes. The photos are weird.
Today Queen B seems to have eaten a leaf of kale. I placed one Romaine. One Kale and some cactus. The Kale is missing...
Good news and cautious optimism!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have a good feeling about Bertha ed. She's going to pull through. My Misses says so:D she's always right :eek:. Her theory is to leave the tort to its own natural recovery.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have a good feeling about Bertha ed. She's going to pull through. My Misses says so:D she's always right :eek:. Her theory is to leave the tort to its own natural recovery.
I hope so. I finally told my wife the grand total of Berthas health care since I purchased her and it didn't go over very well.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I hope so. I finally told my wife the grand total of Berthas health care since I purchased her and it didn't go over very well.
Dont worry. Im getting the cost thing in the neck all the time. Lol. I'm building a tort house instead of having a new bathroom lol. Got to get your priorities right. Torts come first :D. Seriously though, when we talk about your Bertha, dawn as always said to leave her be.
What ever happens, I don't think we are going to find out the truth behind her illness and what did and didn't help her. One thing I know dawn is right about, she's had a lot of stress. So keep the stress down and we will see what happens. Sounds a bit better though doesn't it.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
No. But she is no worse.
I wish she would drink.
Good morning, switching from agressive pursuit of curative treatment to palliative care can be a hard concept as it means huge shift of a mind set. I didn't realize your wife was not on this same page with you as far as decision making on the level of spending for Bertha's treatment. I can imagine how you must feel right now my friend but remembers that this too shall pass as nothing in this life lasts. CHANGE is the only CONSTANT we should expect. I hope this week brings you some positive turns of events with Bertha and in general

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
Wow, I've read through everything and you've been through a lot. Hope that Bertha pulls through. I personally would just soak every day and offer food now. She might just be a quieter, slower tortoise than the others (although not eating for several months does indicate that something was wrong)!

Do redfoot tortoises hibernate?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wow, I've read through everything and you've been through a lot. Hope that Bertha pulls through. I personally would just soak every day and offer food now. She might just be a quieter, slower tortoise than the others (although not eating for several months does indicate that something was wrong)!

Do redfoot tortoises hibernate?
No they don't hibernate

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Reading your threads in the past and all the times I saw you stated going to the vet, I was thinking to myself, that had to add up!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Reading your threads in the past and all the times I saw you stated going to the vet, I was thinking to myself, that had to add up!!
Yes. And that was O.K.
However, what do I really have to show for it?
The same ill tortoise.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My focus has shifted from 100% make Bertha well. To 100% Keep the other six well and allow Bertha to live or die on her own..
No more tests, tubes, needles or medicine.
She's not eating or drinking and I'm monitoring her weight each night before her soak. If she gets under 8 pounds I'm going to have to look into having her put down. Her sister who is a little smaller is over 15 pounds.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well no one can say you haven't tried Ed.
Maybe once all the meds are put of her system it may kick start her own immune system into action.
I could be talking absolute rubbish but who knows? It's all such a mystery.
I am still wishing and willing Queen B well.