Bowser will have a friend on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
Recently won a auction via Tyler thanks to APBT_Fanatic who was last bid but decided to pass the sully to me so Bowser can have a friend! :D first and for most you guys are all so extremely kind and it is so refreshing to see on a daily basis.Now i need a name! lol i figure i will pick a girl name and hope i got them right lol any ideas from the pics the sully baby is very light colored i put the link so you guys could see her!

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Baby-Sulcata-Auction-Thread#axzz1Z76nCZtu

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"Fido" would be a match for "Bowser." There's always Spot, Duchess, Duke, King, and on and on.......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The fellow I recently adopted out my latest sulcata rescue to named him Tug Boat.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
it took me forever!!!! i just went with my first name i thought of. i had hundreds pickedout!! but i went with ones i new would work :]

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Glad I'm not the only one whose first thought was "Peach." LOL. Another vote for Princess Peach! :D

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
If you're going for a female name, I'm not really sure what choice you have, other than Peach. It all depends on whether you want to stick within the Mario Universe, move into gaming, or just break out into general nerdiness.

I'm sure there are a lot of us that can help with whichever you chose.

...but I vote for Peach, because anything else offends my sense of continuity (this being overly-developed in most nerds).

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Lulu said:
If you're going for a female name, I'm not really sure what choice you have, other than Peach. It all depends on whether you want to stick within the Mario Universe, move into gaming, or just break out into general nerdiness.

I'm sure there are a lot of us that can help with whichever you chose.

...but I vote for Peach, because anything else offends my sense of continuity (this being overly-developed in most nerds).

LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Once I got over the sadness of my second Tarantula dying, I was just PO'd that my naming scheme would be totally messed up (Codename: Kid's Next Door theme... Now I'll have Numbah's 1, 3, 4, 5, etc, but no Numbah 2!!! ...Ok, admittedly, that was a really lazy theme choice, lol). Sense of continuity--great way to put it!

... Besides, Peach is a perfect name for a light-colored Sully "girl"!!! Shaped like a peach, colored like a peach... It's perfect! :D

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
LOL well i must say my OCD for patterns leads me to pick Peach too or as a second Daisy the other princess lol cant go wrong with a sense of order.Im such a gamer nerd at heart if i had the space for them i would have the whole Mario crew ;) Next in line would be the Zelda theme :p

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
*feels like a dork for forgetting about Zelda* That's, like, my favorite game of all time!! Granted, I've only really played the ones for N64... But still! Might have to steal a couple from your theme... I've been trying to think of the right names for my Rosy Boas, but none of my favorite childhood cartoons quite fit. But if my Anza Borrego is actually male, Ganondorf would be perfect! Insatiably hungry for mice = insatiably power hungry? (This snake will attack and attempt to eat the metal snake hook on the off-chance it turns out to be edible...) :D

Oh yeah, and hooray! Peach wins! :D

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
My husband's female Russians are named Isley and Quinn, so we're down with the nerdy naming conventions at our house. I had to have the names explained, so if you don't know who they are, you haven't reached my husband's nerd threshold either. I'm pretty surprised we don't have a Link or Zelda yet, but it's probably because he wants to save Zelda for a daughter's name. Yes. That's how bad he is.

Edit: BTW, I got Cecil from Tortoise Supply at a Show in June. He looked a lot like your new little one. He is a little ox, is very active, and eats like a champ, so I am sure you will be very happy with your new princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.