Brain storm with me? Landscaping question

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
I’m asking here because you all seem like a wealth of information. To prepare my enclosure I’m removing a good mount of landscaping. Being a city girl who has always had landscapers I am trying to figure out what to DO with all the plants and bushes I remove. I contacted my waste disposal service and they want $300 for the first bin and an extra $100 for each exchange over 5 days. I contacted a crew that removes landscaping and they want $900 for one of their large flat bed loads. So the first option seems more reasonable but what are my other options? Has anyone ever rented a one of those machines tree trimming companies use? Would that make sense? Go slower and just fill my green waste weekly over several months? I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed to burn it even in a barrel. I’d considered trying to compost it as I watched my mother do this for years with cuttings and layers of cardboard etc but that seems alittle much for me. Any other ideas that I’m not thinking of? I’m eager to get going on this so I can start planting but as it is I have two massive piles from one section of my creeping fig and a giant bush. lol here is one and yes I understand massive is a relative term, but help me out here 😆

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I would use a chipper and then spread it under the bushes as mulch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Why remove it? Just incorporate it into your tortoise habitat.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Why remove it? Just incorporate it into your tortoise habitat.
I was just trying to remove what’s toxic I forgot the name of that large variegated bush but when I looked it up it was toxic and I’m of the understanding that creeping fig is toxic as well and the back two sides of my enclosure are covered in it.

Attachments

• IMG_7412.jpeg
    IMG_7412.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I would post on your local Buy Nothing (or next door) pages and see if anyone might be interested in it...