Bubbles Galore

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I thank you all for your condolences & care about little bubbles.

Rescues are not for everyone. They often go well , as tortoises can be amazingly resilient to damage & abuse - but , like with Bubbles and others , sometimes the damage is just too much.

It will not stop me should another poor tort need help. I can deal with the loss & do not begrudge the effort.
Animals feel pain & misery much like we do & have even less capacity to rationalize it or alleviate it.

There are way too many out there needing help. Animals of every sort that suffer at the hands of cruel or ignorant people.

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Update on bubbles.
Found her passed away this morning. No idea why, she was fine yesterday.

Very hard to make assumptions , and won't have a necropsy done, so will never know.

But her last year was good. Had freedoms & a great environment. Never completely overcame the MBD & still walked funny with slated legs. But got around.

I have no regrets trying with her. None.

Some internal damages from atrocious care take a toll on longevity , no matter what we do.

Keep educating keepers - so we can have fewer of these deformed suffering torts to rescue.

View attachment 173490
RIP baby
Very sorry for your loss, you put so much heart and love in taking care of her. I loved your little pine cone ever since I have read this thread :( Not fair...