Butch the bruiser

Learning123

Location (City and/or State)
Riverview
this is butch I bought him from a pet shop. I dont know how old he is. He's small his shell fits in my palm. My fiance has had a Russian tortoise for 13 years. We are in the process of building a home enclosure. We know the main things such as calcium and what he is and is not to eat. But he's picky he loves mustard greens romaine lettuce and grass sometimes dandelion leaves. He won't eat collard, kale there's one other i can't think of. I added dried flowers which he'll occasionally snack on or just move around his house. He needs toys i put a small cat ball with the bell he doesnt push it unless he's mad when i give him kale or something thats not his favorite he'll push everything around. Or he'll stare at me from the front of his tank until I give him one of his favorite greens. Sorry, my post is all over the place. First, does anyone have any idea how old he could be (i believe he is a he. I can post pics if yall want to help me guess lol) what's some other greens may he like? And toys what toys can I get for his size? 20200906_192456.jpgResized_20200905_101427.jpeg20200905_103209.jpg

saleena.lewis

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
What a cute tortoise! What size tank do you have? The diet is ok but you should try to stay away from grocery store greens and you should give them more things like weeds from outside (as long as there is no fertilizer) and different types of grass. There is a great app called the tortoise table which tells you what food and plants are safe or unsafe. Tortoises really don't need "toys" but what you could do is give him more hides and you can make a mound of substrate somewhere in the enclosure so that they can not see over into the other half of the cage and they love to climb over but make sure it's not too steep so that they can't fall off and flip over. It only has to be a small hill.