Can you care for my hatchlings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Can you care for my hatchlings while I am out of the country? I have a bunch of Sulcata hatchlings and some due to hatch while I am out of the country. I have a competent pet sitter who has done a wonderful job with all of my animals in the past... But we have never left him with hatchlings this young, we have never needed him to supervise an actively hatching clutch and we have never been unavailable by phone. So to put it lightly, I'm FREAKING OUT. Soooo forum friends, can YOU take care of my hatchlings? I will be leaving him ways to contact me (none are instantaneous) and ways to contact my vet, but it occurred to me tonight that I could also leave him my login info so maybe he could ask you guys if he needs advice? Are you up for it? I am not expecting any tragedies but certainly watching the tortoises hatch will be a new experience for him, and I thought it might be nice if he had an added resource should questions arise....

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I am sure everyone here will be glad to advise him when needed. You should probaly set him up with an account. Something like Kathrine's sitter so we know who he is. Good luck and happy travels.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We'd all be happy to step in.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do you REALLY think we have nothing better then to sit around helping YOUR sitter? :D :D :D Don't you know by now, how everybody likes to help? Geesh I think it is what some folks in here seem to live for, but I think everybody enjoys helping when and where they can. So where are you going?

I also think giving them their own acct would be the way to go, like was suggested.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Do you REALLY think we have nothing better then to sit around helping YOUR sitter?
Pleeeease? For meeeee?
4643f865.jpg

Jacqui said:
So where are you going?

Honduras...SCUBA : ) : ) : )

Angi said:
you should probaly set him up with an account. Something like Kathrine's sitter so we know who he is

I'm sure I can get him to introduce himself if he uses mine but he definitely thinks I am mildly insane for participating in a tortoise forum and I am not sure I can sway him to get his own account. I'll try!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now that is just not fair! How dare you use such a sight against me??? :p :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Now that is just not fair! How dare you use such a sight against me??? :p :D

It's funny because when no one initially responded the few hrs after I made this post I was like "hmmm maybe they don't want to help.... No no, maybe they just need a photo to remind them they want to help, they do loooooooove pics!" hahahaha. (And yes, I realize it's likely no one *instantaneously* responded bc I made the post at 2am)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well see, it worked! Okay everybody, stop posting on this thread, so she will post more pictures! :p :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
Doc Holliday said:
Can we get pics, plz?? I love diving!

Pics of the dive trip? I'm bringing a video casing for the first time so hopefully it will turn out well and if so I will post some sea turtle vid on my return : )

dustee35

10 Year Member!
Wow! Can I stow away in your suitcase? Sure soulds like more fun than going to work! :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
In a random stroke of genius (humble, I know) I recorded video of all my daily care routines with descriptive audio. Think they should help a lot if questions arise. Thought I'd add it to this post because it seemed like a great way to make sure nothing gets overlooked and that or lost in translation could possibly helpful to anyone else who has to rely on someone to take care of their tortoises : )

Status
Not open for further replies.