Cap those corners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's so funny! It made me laugh scrolling down the pics. Although, at that time, I'm sure you were glad you were home watching him and not like that for long. I know I always worry about some of my little guys doing that.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Yeah! I'm in the process of building an outdoor habitat for our 0.0.4 (almost) yearlings...I've been placing them in it during the day (since the weather has neen PERFECT lately) and one my 9-year-old daughter, Sydney, named "Climber" actually scaled a wall of the 8'x4'x1' crater...fortuntely I saw it caught him up and made 'adjustments' and have managed to deter (for now) any further escape attempts. Never underestimate their will to be free...no matter how young (or old).

Attachments

• stage one.JPG
    stage one.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 50

Tort14U

10 Year Member!
Camano Island,WA
That is how I lost my Russian Tortoise. He climbed right out of the play yard he was in and he was gone! That was 3 years ago... still so sad about that!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks for the advise I will be building one soon.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Caps are good but when the tort falls down it can get stuck on its back. Better to build without corners, round or oval enclosures are much better.

Alx910

5 Year Member
Lol oh my goodness. hahaha. Our russian does that but the sides are too high so he just teeters back.

Awesome pics

Status
Not open for further replies.