cat food

Status
Not open for further replies.

katydid00

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have read that you can feed your Red Foot cat food. Just wondering if anyone does and what kind to feed them. I have read to use high end cat food but have not come across any brand names yet.
Please let me know what kind you use. i would rather give my RF cat food them tortiose pellets b/c of all the wheat and grain in them. From what I've read so far wheat and grains are not good for your tortiose.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
katydid00 said:
I have read that you can feed your Red Foot cat food. Just wondering if anyone does and what kind to feed them. I have read to use high end cat food but have not come across any brand names yet.
Please let me know what kind you use. i would rather give my RF cat food them tortiose pellets b/c of all the wheat and grain in them. From what I've read so far wheat and grains are not good for your tortiose.

Where did you read about the cat food Katy?

Look on the yearling diet page of redfoots.com [ link below ]

Nerd

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i don't condone feeding cat food, but a quick google search reveals more than one source that advocates cat food for redfoots

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Katydid00 Hi, I have use "Purina Pro Plan Extra Care Adult Cat Weight Management Formula"
for a RF with MBD this helped turned this little girl around. It is high in animal protien and low in fat. I followed the plan that http://www.Redfoots.com set up and it worked in a few months this little girl was able to stand and walk on back feet she had not walked on for a long, long time. It defienetly gets my vote. Some people prefer pinkies or worms or boiled chicken. I just know that the cat food worked and was easy to use. And the proven pics that Terry K. has posted of his adults raised on this and his second generation RF that were also raised on this with smooth shells and that have grown up and become healthy breeders had convinced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.