Cat proof tortoise quarters

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I placed two very sensitive wireless LED motion detectors on two flood and six path lights as well as two wireless motion sensors in my two dog houses with alarm "chimes". It all runs on "C" batteries.The tortoises are not fast enough or warm enough to activate SQUAT. However, cats set the place off light a rock concert. The result? No cat poop in my dog houses. And it's been kinda cold. I think I won the war!

Attachments

• image_81.png
    image_81.png
    793.7 KB · Views: 51

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hmmm doubt it would work here with all my visitors. Wonder also how long it will work.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hmmm doubt it would work here with all my visitors. Wonder also how long it will work.
I don't know. The alarms have two noise levels...The one it's on and the next one that you can hear through a cement wall and hurricane shutters into my guest bed room.:D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow! Had no idea strays could be so bothersome... the cats here couldn't care less!
Good solution, let us know how it works!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not anti-cat. I just don't want them using my torts homes as a toilet. It works great. In the past they would come when it rained or became cold. One cat in particular. But nothing. Not one hint of a cat staying. I do hear the alarm every now and again when I'm in the back bathroom, so I know it's working. The "C" cell cordless LED spots are made by DEFIANT and sold by Home Depot. They work much better than I had even hoped. The Dog house alarms are Harbor Freight driveway sensors/chimes..

leopard777

5 Year Member
or some sprinkler with activated sensor , i notice cats dont really like water