Checking on Tortoise Seller

SpartanTort

Location (City and/or State)
CULVER CITY
Does anyone know if tortoiseshome.com is a reputable tortoise seller? Anybody have any experience buying from them?

Thanks.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
looking at the website and the ordering process I wouldn't risk buying from them.

What kind of tortoise are you interested in? There are plenty of reputable dealers here

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I've never heard of them, but they sound like another "flip for profit" business. Those types of places do not breed. Instead, they buy hatchlings in bulk, raise the price, and resell. And sadly tortoises are not kept in good conditions with them in that process. I've seen too many heartbreaking stories of people who received severely ill tortoises and hatchlings, and they didn't survive very long. I recommend getting from a reputable private breeder instead.

What species are you interested in? We would be happy to provide you with more reputable sources that care more about tortoises and raise them properly and healthy.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
100% scammers

SpartanTort

CULVER CITY
I've never heard of them, but they sound like another "flip for profit" business. Those types of places do not breed. Instead, they buy hatchlings in bulk, raise the price, and resell. And sadly tortoises are not kept in good conditions with them in that process. I've seen too many heartbreaking stories of people who received severely ill tortoises and hatchlings, and they didn't survive very long. I recommend getting from a reputable private breeder instead.

What species are you interested in? We would be happy to provide you with more reputable sources that care more about tortoises and raise them properly and healthy.
Interested in either a leopard tortoise or a radiated tortoise. Preferably older female.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Interested in either a leopard tortoise or a radiated tortoise. Preferably older female.

I just checked this website of theirs www.tortoiseshome.com
I get a really bad feeling about this place.

First, there is no address anywhere.

Second, without clicking "buy now", I cannot find how payment is to be made.

Third, in their info on sulcatas (not albino) they mention that they have cherryhead, redfoot, and yellowfoot. Yet they don't have them pictured as an available species.

And finally, no one, and I mean no one, sells adult aldabras for $1100.

We have great leopard breeders here on the forum. Not sure, but somebody is probably breeding radiated as well.

For leopards, @Tom and @Kapidolo Farms come to mind.

For radiated...Tom will know.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Just a heads up that the Radiated Tortoise is an endangered species and has special requirements (CBW Permit). What state do you live in? You will have to find a Radiated Tortoise breeder in your own state and get one, which doesn't require the permit. They'll ask you to provide proof that you also live in the state.

If you want to buy a Radiated from a breeder in another state, both you and that seller will need to have the CBW Permit. Unfortunately, that specific permit is very difficult to obtain, so we can help you find a breeder in your own state if there are any.

SpartanTort

CULVER CITY
Just a heads up that the Radiated Tortoise is an endangered species and has special requirements (CBW Permit). What state do you live in? You will have to find a Radiated Tortoise breeder in your own state and get one, which doesn't require the permit. They'll ask you to provide proof that you also live in the state.

If you want to buy a Radiated from a breeder in another state, both you and that seller will need to have the CBW Permit. Unfortunately, that specific permit is very difficult to obtain, so we can help you find a breeder in your own state if there are any.
I live in Southern California.

SpartanTort

CULVER CITY

I’ll take any reputable sources you recommend. I’m looking for an adult female leopard tortoise specifically. Thank you.

CRjonny

New york
Hi All,
tortoiseshome.com is a total scam.

I’ve been in contact with them and they are running the classic scam of wire the money and get nothing. Stay away!