Not getting any reply from seller

Doug

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, CA
Anyone have experience purchasing from seller leopardboy_1? I was interested in one of his post selling a 6" female leopard. We emailed back and forth since Friday and I sent payment earlier yesterday morning.

Up until the morning sent payment, we still had communication going back and forth. After that everything stopped. I've been sending him emails and pm since, inquiring status with no reply. His status shows he's been active on the forum as of this evening. So he should've saw either my emails or my pm.

I know it's only been a couple days, but still, can't help but feel a little worried. So I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this seller. Hopefully it's a positive one...

Doug

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Anyone have experience purchasing from seller leopardboy_1? I was interested in one of his post selling a 6" female leopard. We emailed back and forth since Friday and I sent payment earlier yesterday morning.

Up until the morning sent payment, we still had communication going back and forth. After that everything stopped. I've been sending him emails and pm since, inquiring status with no reply. His status shows he's been active on the forum as of this evening. So he should've saw either my emails or my pm.

I know it's only been a couple days, but still, can't help but feel a little worried. So I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this seller. Hopefully it's a positive one...

Doug

I would agree that it comes off as weird....hmmm? I sure all works out well.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry no personal exp. good or bad.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Not to be casting any aspersions, but that doesn't bode well. I hope all turns out for the best.

T.G.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have tried to contact him in the past about his 'for sale' ads and he has never responded to me.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Doug

How did you pay?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is a concern hopefully it has a good ending. If not a would warn others for sure as he seems to offer many types of tortoises at good prices.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
If it was possible, I would cancel the payment and go elsewhere.m

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I agree - cancel the payment.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Sounds like you've been taken Doug. File a dispute with your bank ASAP before it's too late.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I just purchased a tortoise from him that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. If it comes in I will let you know. He seemed very nice and helpful so I hope that it all works out... I can't afford to lose money... Tortoises aren't cheap

Melissa319

5 Year Member
outside of Phoenix, AZ
Dealing with the same issues. Supposedly the tortoises are shipping today for delivery tomorrow... I will update if the tracking number shows any action.

Will dispute through Paypal and then my bank if necessary, definitely haven't gotten warm fuzzies from this transaction.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
How many post did he have? How long has he been on TFO? Thats the things I look at before I buy from anyone . If they come on just to sell something thats a bad sign . Hope everything works out .

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
It looks like he has been on since sometime in 2014. I feel that if he was doing this previously, he would have have already been shut down or worse. I don't want to assume the worst, because he may just be horrible with communication, but I just spent a lot on getting the tort and his new enclosure and I'll be devastated (and broke) if this doesn't work out.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It shows 12 post November 2014 . So not a well none member . So it doesn't look good . I looked in his profile he was on a minute ago . Should of seen this post and said something . @leopardboy_1 sending a shout out! Come on whats up fellow!

Doug

10 Year Member!
Ontario, CA
A reply would be appreciated instead of letting people hanging.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I've ask for pictures and never got any, so I passed on dealing with this person.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am glad you said something. We mods had been worried about him, but had nothing significantly wrong to go on. If any of you fail to get your animals or money back let us Mods know ASAP.