cheeky little devil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Most of the tortoises are housed in my son's bedroom, which we keep closed off (so cats/dog/toddlers don't bother them).

My son has basketball practice tonight, so I had to feed the tortoises. I walked into the bedroom and...

Roland was sitting in the middle of the floor, just looking at me, just like things were right as rain. :rolleyes:

I had checked on them at about 1:00, and it was almost 4:30, so somewhere in that three and one-half hours he managed to escape his enclosure! His "quarantine" is a turtle-shaped sandbox, so not very high edges. I didn't think he could climb on anything near the edge get out, but I guess I was wrong. I rearranged things for now. I'll be anxious for him to be OFF quarantine and into a bigger enclosure!!!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
haha too funny Kelly. Little buggar!

Dan brought me home a big concrete mixing container from Fleet Farm this afternoon to try out with some of the torts. I pulled one of the male Hermann's and am trying him in there since they are always chasing each other around butting each other. If it doesnt work so well for him Ill move the baby Leopard or my 2 young Box Turtles that wont hibernate this yaer into it. I may pick up a few more. Its not a huge enclosure but I think it will be OK for over-wintering in the basement. It was $10. (might make a good quarentine setup too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.