Chekov has a home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
We finally got Chekov out of the box and into his new home. I had planned on it being bigger and painted, but he needed out of the box so it's only 2ft x 4ft and I'll have to paint it this summer when he can go outside.

It's nothing fancy but here's the outside view
IMG_5198.jpg

The right side has his hide, his water, and an aloe vera plant. I hope to get more plants in it though when money is better.
IMG_5199.jpg

The left side has his basking spot, a rock I feed him on, and a thermometer that he spends a TON of time nipping it, knocking over, and staring at.
IMG_5200.jpg

He seems to like it!
IMG_5201.jpg

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
Creteloc said:
We finally got Chekov out of the box and into his new home. I had planned on it being bigger and painted, but he needed out of the box so it's only 2ft x 4ft and I'll have to paint it this summer when he can go outside.

It's nothing fancy but here's the outside view
IMG_5198.jpg

The right side has his hide, his water, and an aloe vera plant. I hope to get more plants in it though when money is better.
IMG_5199.jpg

The left side has his basking spot, a rock I feed him on, and a thermometer that he spends a TON of time nipping it, knocking over, and staring at.
IMG_5200.jpg

He seems to like it!
IMG_5201.jpg

YAY:D i hope he likes it it looks good! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
AWESOME!!! be careful that he does not get the idea to use the aloe plant then box then thermometer as an escape ladder (you laugh, he is a russian LOL :D:D)

He does look like he is totally enjoying himself....plenty of room to muck about, great job !!

Creteloc

5 Year Member
ascott said:
AWESOME!!! be careful that he does not get the idea to use the aloe plant then box then thermometer as an escape ladder (you laugh, he is a russian LOL :D:D)

He does look like he is totally enjoying himself....plenty of room to muck about, great job !!

Eeeps! Hadn't thought of that... I'll keep an eye on it. So far he can't get onto the aloe plant. He's tried!

hehe, moved the thermometer just in case.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He's tried!

Funny.....not to worry, he will try and try and try till he gets it....good sign-- he is feeling better !!!!!! :D

oh yeah,....you can also cap the corners or put a lip around the top that hangs into the enclosure....just a suggestion---I know others do this to keep these little hudinis put....:p

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Hi looks great, but one concern, what are you using to protect the wood from moisture? you dont want to wood to get all nasty right off the bat. I would put some kind of plastic liner in their.

Creteloc

5 Year Member
It's sealed. I had plastic and he dug down 4" and got his nails stuck in it.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
He must think he is in heaven. Defiantly has an angel watching over him.
hope he continues to recover from his ordeal.

bellyboo

5 Year Member
Looks very nice! We're planning on something similar this summer for our little guy.

itsmeshell

5 Year Member
It's like a Christmas miracle ur the best present that little tort has ever had x

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
itsmeshell said:
It's like a Christmas miracle ur the best present that little tort has ever had x

I like this sentiment and agree. It just looks like he is making awesome progress so very quickly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.