Chinese water dragon getting mad

tortmommy

Location (City and/or State)
Ny
Hi I just got another Chinese water dragon about a week ago it’s name is gamera, gamera was fine until yesterday then started bobbing its head waving and wiping its tail nothing has changed in the tank there is water and food, places to hide and climb we handing gamera about once maybe two times a day we take him out when he starts attacking the glass and he’s very happy and content when he’s out my other Chinese water dragon has never done that and we have had him for about two months and there tanks are set up very similarly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds like you have a male and he's seeing his own reflection. Try putting something opaque and non-reflective on the inside of the glass. Like taping a piece of paper in there.

tortmommy

Ny
He’s too young to tell the sex so will actions really tell if it’s a male or female. I have another one and it just hides all day and very skittish where this one is active and I tried putting paper on the side but then attacks the front I can’t paper the whole thing in then I won’t be able to see him