Cilantro

YHVH

Can a sulcata eat cilantro and if so how good is it for them and how much and how often can it be fed to them? Thank you.Btw the sulcatas are only a couple months old.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
They can have it as part of a varied diet. Look at tortoisetable.org for weeds, vegetables, plants, leaves, succulents, etc. And how much in moderation it can be fed.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Don't look at Tortoise table or sulcata-station or Africantortoise.com...they're all out of date! A better, more concise sheet has been prepared...it's the second sticky in the Sulcata Forum right here...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/sulcata-diet-sheet.64290/
Whoops. You're the first to tell me this. It seems like their are always new plants being added. I like having pictures but something that I know is up to date is nice. ThAnks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cilantro is fine in moderation. I feed a little mixed in with my other foods once every week or two. My wife cooks with it and I get the leftovers and stalks.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I have cilantro growing in the yard. It came in a broad leaf seed mix I planted a few years ago, along with carrots, turnips, and many other plants. I can't say that it is a favorite of my sulcata. I have never seen him walk over to some cilantro and start eating it, but he eats it up along with everything else that is growing out there.