COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Not to intrude, but as I recall a dinosaur is defined as being a subset of the archosaurs with a pelvis that orients the hind legs vertically, beneath the body. I'm thinking an endothermic physiology is also a characteristic, but not sure on that but.
Intrude away, and welcome to The Cold Dark Room!
Grab an armadillo to sit on, help yourself to a coffee, fizzy drink or something a little stronger and chill. (it is a bit cold).
And have three points to begin.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I once read in a book about the amount of trees or vegetation that would have been required to create 1 gallon of gasoline. I don't remember the amount, but I remember being totally gobsmacked: it takes a LOT!!!!
Sorry, Bea, but I've got to correct you again. :(
Gasoline is made from petroleum which is mostly made from the bodies of algae and zooplankton (tiny animals) not trees and plants, which make coal etc.
I can't remember the figures, bit yes, it takes an awful lot of dead things to create a single gallon.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Sorry, Bea, but I've got to correct you again. :(
Gasoline is made from petroleum which is mostly made from the bodies of algae and zooplankton (tiny animals) not trees and plants, which make coal etc.
I can't remember the figures, bit yes, it takes an awful lot of dead things to create a single gallon.
Adam, you need NOT apologize for correcting me! I graduated from university in 1976! Although I majored in Zoology, I would HOPE that the Sciences advanced somewhat in 39 years!!!! (I wish it had been Unseen University, but, oh well! :p )
Thanks, as always, for the correct information!!!! :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Adam, you need NOT apologize for correcting me! I graduated from university in 1976! Although I majored in Zoology, I would HOPE that the Sciences advanced somewhat in 39 years!!!! (I wish it had been Unseen University, but, oh well! :p )
Thanks, as always, for the correct information!!!! :)
Science moves so quickly, and the latest advances in paleontology are almost impossible to keep up with.
i'm still getting used to a new geological period, the snowball earth stuff; fractal organisms and the reclassification of birds to being dinosaurs just for starters.
Jaws evolving from gills, lungs from the swim bladder and do you know why we've got colour vision ?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Science moves so quickly, and the latest advances in paleontology are almost impossible to keep up with.
i'm still getting used to a new geological period, the snowball earth stuff; fractal organisms and the reclassification of birds to being dinosaurs just for starters.
Jaws evolving from gills, lungs from the swim bladder and do you know why we've got colour vision ?
No, why? :)