COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
good mornooning wibblers, it's been a long month but finally we have made it through:)
Good morning John. Good morning all.

It has indeed been a long month for all the wrong reasons.

Like you said, we made it. The ranks are somewhat depleted, but will hopefully recover soon.

I'm looking forward to a wibbling April - let's enjoy the last day of March :)

Today's plans are gardening for my next door neighbour. Lawns and a bit off dead-heading as it's "green bin day"

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good morning John. Good morning all.

It has indeed been a long month for all the wrong reasons.

Like you said, we made it. The ranks are somewhat depleted, but will hopefully recover soon.

I'm looking forward to a wibbling April - let's enjoy the last day of March :)

Today's plans are gardening for my next door neighbour. Lawns and a bit off dead-heading as it's "green bin day"

good morning mum :) your neighbor is very lucky to have you :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
good morning mum :) your neighbor is very lucky to have you :)
Lawns (both ours and hers) cut.

Daffs dead-headed (both ours and hers)

Pin pad lock on their side gate dismantled as neighbour has no idea what the number is. Her late husband installed it, but didn't tell anyone the number :rolleyes: :D It wasn't hard to drop the mechanism out and leave the handles. It looks like it works, but she can just use the bolts now to secure the gate now.

Telling off received from JoesDad who thinks I have overdone it given I was at physio yesterday. :( Mistake to do things when he's working from home.

Oh and neighbour's new grand-daughter arrived last night weighing 6lb 9oz. Emma Alice :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

Pin pad lock on their side gate dismantled as neighbour has no idea what the number is. Her late husband installed it, but didn't tell anyone the number :rolleyes: :D It wasn't hard to drop the mechanism out and leave the handles. It looks like it works, but she can just use the bolts now to secure the gate now.

Telling off received from JoesDad who thinks I have overdone it given I was at physio yesterday. :( Mistake to do things when he's working from home.

Oh and neighbour's new grand-daughter arrived last night weighing 6lb 9oz. Emma Alice :)
I love the name Alice! When the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had their little girl, I was hoping they'd name her Alice!!:) But Charlotte is a truly lovely name, too. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hubby and I are off to Austin, Texas for his niece's wedding!
Should be a really nice time- will send pics once we're back home!!! :)
Have fun! Looking forward to your postcards.

I shall be going to see Luton Town FC v Blackpool tomorrow. Not quite as glamorous. Actually, not at all glamorous. One of the oldest Association Football clubs in the world and the ground feels like it hasn't been modernised much over the century and a bit it's been there. Quaint it ain't!

Luton is not exactly on the tourist trail for anything except the airport (a bit like John's Paisley!) but JoesDad was born there.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
No Linda no plans as my back is not very great at the moment in a lot of pain so chilling out for me hope u ok and enjoy your football match :)
Sorry about your back. I am hoping I have got away with today's exertions. I'll have to wait until the morning to see how stiff I am.

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
Sorry about your back. I am hoping I have got away with today's exertions. I'll have to wait until the morning to see how stiff I am.
I hope ur ok coz nothing worse then sittin in football stadium seats with back probs they not the comfiest at the best of times :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I hope ur ok coz nothing worse then sittin in football stadium seats with back probs they not the comfiest at the best of times :)
Too right. The seating at Luton varies from wooden benches installed circa 1910 when the average person had considerably shorter legs than me (I'm 5'11") through to newish plastic installed after standing terraces were banned in the early 90s. We sit in the newest seating as it has more legroom. It's not exactly comfortable, but I can at least move after a match usually! I've sat in the old stand twice in the last thirty odd years and it was excruciating.

The ladies loos are arguably the coldest place on the planet. I honestly have no idea how they're sub zero even on the warmest days if the year :D

It's hard work bring married to a football fan, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have had Joe or been on TFO. :D

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
Too right. The seating at Luton varies from wooden benches installed circa 1910 when the average person had considerably shorter legs than me (I'm 5'11") through to newish plastic installed after standing terraces were banned in the early 90s. We sit in the newest seating as it has more legroom. It's not exactly comfortable, but I can at least move after a match usually! I've sat in the old stand twice in the last thirty odd years and it was excruciating.

The ladies loos are arguably the coldest place on the planet. I honestly have no idea how they're sub zero even on the warmest days if the year :D

It's hard work bring married to a football fan, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have had Joe or been on TFO. :D
Bless good that u have got him I'm a big fan of football I used to go before I did my back ;)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

yawwwzaa!!! do you have a cape??!!??!!

take a bow ma'am! you have went above and beyond!