COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good evening all.

I've been a bit busy with the General Election on my other forum :rolleyes:

Daughter's first week in her new job seems to have gone well. A couple of days of boring induction and ordering safety gear (reflective clothing, steel toe cap boots, etc :D) and then today she's been out surveying Water Voles. Tomorrow reptiles and Dormice :)

Son has gone to Bristol today and tomorrow he flies to Hong Kong with the university. This trip is subsidised and only cost £180 (~US$230) for flights and accommodation as the group are representing the university at a conference and also have coursework to do :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good evening all.

Daughter's first week in her new job seems to have gone well. A couple of days of boring induction and ordering safety gear (reflective clothing, steel toe cap boots, etc :D) and then today she's been out surveying Water Voles. Tomorrow reptiles and Dormice :)

Son has gone to Bristol today and tomorrow he flies to Hong Kong with the university. This trip is subsidised and only cost £180 (~US$230) for flights and accommodation as the group are representing the university at a conference and also have coursework to do :)

mum has an empty?!?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just wanted to share my little who promoted to middle school.
Today was the last day and we always do high fives with the graduating class while they blast loud music and the kids run around doing high fives for like 10 minutes!
So proud of her! She has Dyslexia and only reads at a 3rd grade level but excels in other areas like math. Not a wizard but enjoys it.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496958155.662441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496958222.249784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496958262.610672.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good evening all.

I love following your son and daughter's activities! :)

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Just wanted to share my little who promoted to middle school.
Today was the last day and we always do high fives with the graduating class while they blast loud music and the kids run around doing high fives for like 10 minutes!
So proud of her! She has Dyslexia and only reads at a 3rd grade level but excels in other areas like math. Not a wizard but enjoys it.

View attachment 209822
View attachment 209824
View attachment 209825
Congratulations to her - that's a terrific achievement!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good evening all.

Gosh - nobody lets the grass grow under them in your house do they?:)
Such a lot of interesting things happening all the time.
Hope Daughter's job goes well and your son enjoys his trip!

I've been watching the election results too but don't think I'm going to stay up, I'll only end up sleeping on the sofa.
Quite interesting - It's too early too call at the moment, but looks like there could be a few surprises on the cards.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
good evenooning all! spent around an hour today chatting with my boss, he has listed and took on board my gripes and ideas. however... the final decision is with the big boss, who has shot me down before:/. i'm have been told i'm basically 2nd in comand at base, so i guess it's a call to big boss tomorrow about money.

other things are in motion as well, i have a tough but positive time ahead, waiting till all offers are in ;)
Well done John, hope it all goes well for you!

Bee62

Germany
He's not been here for a couple of months but I think John emailed him a while back and he and Wifey were well.
I'm sure he'll be back when he's finished being busy.
I miss him but more importantly just want to make sure he's ok.

I can reassure you and all others here. Adam, wifey and Tidgy are well.
I`ve send him an e-mail only a week ago and he answers me that he is busy in writing a book and other writings. He promised me to be back on TFO in a short while.