COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Good morning all :)

Up in the dark this morning as JoesDad must go to the office.

It's a very pleasant 17C/63F and JoesDad likes to go out for a brisk walk for some exercise before it gets too warm and he's shut in an office for the day.

We're in a backstreet cafe having breakfast with locals; one old chap has a brandy - clearly his daily constitutional :D
Good morning, Linda. :)
Brandy in the morning, a nice start to the day.:)
They do a lot of that in Ireland.
I remember going in pubs at breakfast time and people on the way to work stopped of for a brandy (not enough time for Guinness) or whisky and some fish soup. All the pubs smelled of fish!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning, Linda. :)
Brandy in the morning, a nice start to the day.:)
They do a lot of that in Ireland.
I remember going in pubs at breakfast time and people on the way to work stopped of for a brandy (not enough time for Guinness) or whisky and some fish soup. All the pubs smelled of fish!
And Whiskey I hope …

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning, Roommates! :)
First lesson of the day in a moment.
A student we taught some years previously and is now returning as he has forgotten all his English. :rolleyes:

I personally hope the lesson will focus on the English pronunciation of, “More Whiskey I hope”LOL [emoji217]

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I personally hope the lesson will focus on the English pronunciation of, “More Whiskey I hope”LOL [emoji217]
Ha de ha.
I try to weave alcohol pronunciation into as many lessons as possible.
As most of them have no idea, being teetotal, it confuses them no end.:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I am currently in the cathedral which has a stunning interior to match its stunning exterior.
Gaudi (early20th century) had a hand in the current high altar arrangement.
Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but if this cathedral was in Syria, the outlaw devils known as isis would set forth to loot any valuables and then they would set forth to destroy anything they didn’t like. Correct?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Now correct me if I’m wrong here, but if this cathedral was in Syria, the outlaw devils known as isis would set forth to loot any valuables and then they would set forth to destroy anything they didn’t like. Correct?

The cathedral wouldn't be in Syria in the first place. Christian worship was never encouraged by the Muslim majority in the first place.

They don't believe in icons of the prophets and, to them, Jesus is a prophet which is the basis of so many religious differences around the world.

No more or we will be accused of getting political

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I am currently in the cathedral which has a stunning interior to match its stunning exterior.
Please do not confuse my earlier post relating to cathedrals as me not liking them. I too think of them am works of art that should be a museum simply in and of themselves.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I didn't :) It was the ISIS discussion we can't have!

I’m hoping not to have stepped on any “sensitive” toes here. If I have, y’all know me well enough by now to know I error on the side of logical, sound judgement. If someone was offended, please send me a PM so we can discuss this sensibly,(at least on my side).