COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi Guys, just dropped in to let everyone know that I was still alive, so were my torties. They are doing great, eating and growing like monsters. They are active and healthy, but one of my twin sons is not, and that’s what has been keeping me so preoccupied and off The Forum. Every waking moment when I don’t drop flat on my face at night, I research. We have been dealing with some mysterious gastrointestinal condition which has turned my boy’s life (and ours) completely upside down, and started nibbling on his spirit. It is trying to break him. In last couple wks I had to pull him out of school as sitting in class had become impossible for him. I miss the you Guys and just wanted to let you know that things are not very good over here and ask you for good thoughts, healing prayer, or mention of my son’s name in meditation. His name is Konrad and he is only 10 yrs old. Those of you who pray and believe in miracles please pray for one to reach our family, I need all the wisdom of the universe to descend upon us here to make the right decisions for Konrad’s treatment. I typically don’t lack in perseverance and strength when it comes to fighting for someone other than myself, so I just need to have a “crystal ball” to make choices that will result in better outcomes. Not asking for too much here, am I?![emoji6][emoji38] of course, joking here. .... so Friends I can’t tell how and when I’ll get back here so if anyone wishes to contact me, the best way is probably either text message or WhatsApp, one of my old friends who lives in Germany got me on it, so I do chat on that one at times. Email is ok too, but unless I expect one from somebody it is very easy for me to miss it buried in all the junk that’s been inundating my email account, so if you use e-mail, I’d need a text alert that one is coming so I know to look for it. My email address: [email protected], my cell ph #. (512)-565-8747. I know this is not usually done on public forum but I’d rather do that than risk a chance of losing a friend due to lack of communication. I check my text messages few times daily, and WhatsApp account every couple days. So ling My Friends. Please keep me and my sweet Boy in your thoughts[emoji173]️ I’ll try to check in here now and then

Oh dear. Sending good thoughts to your boy, Ewa. Nothing is more taxing on your spirit than having your child in pain and not being able to do anything about it. Here’s a postcard to your family from Denmark.
IMG_8964.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Rude words. JoesDad’s contract is being ended at the end of this week. It seems they can’t afford him :(

Oh well. That’s the perils of contracting... you have a very short notice period. I am sure there will be other opportunities... they probably won’t include travel to Palma though.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Rude words. JoesDad’s contract is being ended at the end of this week. It seems they can’t afford him :(

Oh well. That’s the perils of contracting... you have a very short notice period. I am sure there will be other opportunities... they probably won’t include travel to Palma though.
Oh, that's terrible news! :(
How very disappointing.
Still, like you say, i'm sure many other opportunities lie ahead. :)
Good afternoon, Linda.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Here's something from a column in our newspaper that I enjoyed and thought I'd pass along:

William Brydon says, "No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between the words' complete' and 'finished.'
"In a recent linguistic competition held in London and attended by, supposedly, the best in the world, Samdar Balgobin, a Guyanese man, was the clear winner wth a standing ovation that lasted over 5 minutes.
"The final question was: 'How do you explain the difference between complete and finished in a way that is easy to understand?'
"Here is his astute answer:
" 'When you marry the right woman, you are complete. When you marry the wrong woman, you are finished. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are completely finished!' "

:):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Here's something from a column in our newspaper that I enjoyed and thought I'd pass along:

William Brydon says, "No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between the words' complete' and 'finished.'
"In a recent linguistic competition held in London and attended by, supposedly, the best in the world, Samdar Balgobin, a Guyanese man, was the clear winner wth a standing ovation that lasted over 5 minutes.
"The final question was: 'How do you explain the difference between complete and finished in a way that is easy to understand?'
" 'When you marry the right woman, you are complete. When you marry the wrong woman, you are finished. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are completely finished!' "

Genius! :):<3:
Simpy brilliant.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Sorry to hear that. Oh well, I’m sure there will be other sunny places to visit. xxx

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon, Roommates! :)
Slept til midday and feel a little bit better for it.
wifey now quite ill, it's finally broken down her defences, poor lamb. :(
I'm off out with Tidgy, the fresh air will do us both good. :<3::tort:
Good evening Adam. Good news that you are feeling a little bit better. I s it still so, now in the evening ?

Bee62

Germany

Great ! LOL !