COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I read something on BBC news suggesting Cape Town may soon run out of water! ? :eek:
Yes. Our dams are on 16% and I think the last 10% is not usable. So not sure what is going to happen. We are now saving the water we shower with and use that for the toilet. Every little bit of water gets used twice. I have saved all my 5lt water bottles that I buy. And I go visit my brothers farm and get water from his borehole so I can use it to water the plants that the tortoises eat and for the seedlings I am growing for baby's food.

DE42

Yes. Our dams are on 16% and I think the last 10% is not usable. So not sure what is going to happen. We are now saving the water we shower with and use that for the toilet. Every little bit of water gets used twice. I have saved all my 5lt water bottles that I buy. And I go visit my brothers farm and get water from his borehole so I can use it to water the plants that the tortoises eat and for the seedlings I am growing for baby's food.
Good luck hopefully you will start getting some rain!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Do I just google "Fossil Forum," Adam?
Yeah, it's thefossilforum.com also known as TFF which I sometimes get confused with TFO. :rolleyes:
There's a section for newbies but I'd go straight to the fossil id section and post a few decent piccies.
Don't ask for a value, though, that's forbidden, one has to compare with things like e-bay and the fossil shops on the net.
You'll probably have to join.
I'm still Tidgy's Dad there! :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Sounds really bad! :(
Any rain forecast ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I have got lots of those little flying bugs. I put that sticky fly catching tape in but it doesn't get them all. And I don't know what else to do. The little white stuff in the water are babies. View attachment 227567View attachment 227568View attachment 227570
Hmmm.
Look like springtails and the flying ones are what we call substrate flies, I think you've got two types.
They are detritivores so very useful to have in your enclosure.
If they annoy you , then baking or freezing several times may be necessary.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good luck hopefully you will start getting some rain!
I really hope so. Problem is that winter is Cape Towns rainy season. So we still have a few months to get through before that happens - if it happens. And from the picture everybody is painting about the weather changes all over the world not so sure we will see much of it. It makes me think of that movie "Mad Max" might be Cape Town in the near future.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hmmm.
Look like springtails and the flying ones are what we call substrate flies, I think you've got two types.
They are detritivores so very useful to have in your enclosure.
If they annoy you , then baking or freezing several times may be necessary.
Why are they useful in the enclosure? I sometimes see them on baby as well. And if they are good for the enclosure should I leave them then?

Bee62

Germany
We went to the beach earlier thats where I dissapeared to. So I took some pictures for you. Then we drove into town to see the xmas lights but they were not very xmasy but took pictures for you of that too. View attachment 227540View attachment 227541View attachment 227542View attachment 227544View attachment 227545View attachment 227547View attachment 227549View attachment 227550View attachment 227552View attachment 227555
Beautiful ! I love the beach, the water and the sundown.