COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Thanks Bambam. Depending on how much rain we get this winter they are predicting day zero only in 2019 now. But we need the rain to come.
Could it be by any chance that animal shelters will get no longer water when day zero comes ? I am asking because organizations beg on the I-net for money to "safe" the water for dogs and cats in animal shelters in Capetown. I don`t think this is serious. They only want people to give them money or am I wrong ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Could it be by any chance that animal shelters will get no longer water when day zero comes ? I am asking because organizations beg on the I-net for money to "safe" the water for dogs and cats in animal shelters in Capetown. I don`t think this is serious. They only want people to give them money or am I wrong ?
Most of the shelters won't have water if day zero comes. But they are getting bottle water donations. Also SPCA did a mock run the other day where they shut off the water to see how they would do. I cannot remember the result. But they also always need help with money as they have alot of animals that need looking after. They also do community work and help with medical checks and sterilisations for the poor community's animals. So I would never say they don't need it.

Bee62

Germany
Most of the shelters won't have water if day zero comes. But they are getting bottle water donations. Also SPCA did a mock run the other day where they shut off the water to see how they would do. I cannot remember the result. But they also always need help with money as they have alot of animals that need looking after. They also do community work and help with medical checks and sterilisations for the poor community's animals. So I would never say they don't need it.
That sounds bad. Water by donation. I would spend money for water but when you spend money to organizations, how can you know if they will use the money for the water for animals ? You can`t .:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good Morning roommates. Soooo Scooby-Doo is such a character - he is now home with us and Miley and him get on so well. He has already tired her out. Bella is not so sure about him and he totally ignored thw tortoise. He won't be allowed near the tortoises unless i am there. So Don't worry. Here are some pictures of him and Miley. And one of Bella and him checking each other out. LolView attachment 233256View attachment 233257View attachment 233258

View attachment 233259

What a cute little doggy, but he got gypped in the leg department. (short legs)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That sounds bad. Water by donation. I would spend money for water but when you spend money to organizations, how can you know if they will use the money for the water for animals ? You can`t .:(

No you can't and that is a difficult one. If you really would like to donate then I would say donate to the ones that you know are legitimate animal shelters. In Cape Town there is the SPCA. Tears. Fallen Angels. Those are the main ones that I know of. I know the SPCA are actually looking at maybe putting in a borehole so if they do have no water there will be a plan B. But they are still investigating the issue. I do know what you are saying though, I find it very difficult to trust the things on the internet.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good Morning roommates. Soooo Scooby-Doo is such a character - he is now home with us and Miley and him get on so well. He has already tired her out. Bella is not so sure about him and he totally ignored thw tortoise. He won't be allowed near the tortoises unless i am there. So Don't worry. Here are some pictures of him and Miley. And one of Bella and him checking each other out. LolView attachment 233256View attachment 233257View attachment 233258View attachment 233259
LOVELY photos!!!!! Happy little bunch! (well, except for Bella!!! :p)