COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Hello, thanks for asking !! I was terribly ill but I survived, like usual (wink). I was able to find a great home for the tort I had taken in. I'm teary-eyed over it but he's really in a great home. I guess it happened faster than I had thought it would. I had pictured us sitting in a field, my sun-brella n comfy chair, along with a book (perhaps the essays of Montaigne I just picked up) that I could easily look over the top of to check on the tort who would be grazing like a mini lawnmower. I had already gotten a bunch of fencing and already asked the building super to notify me when he would be doing the landscaping. Which is probably many, many weeks away. I earned the raised eyebrow on that one seeing as he was putting snow shovels into his truck that day. I knew I wouldn't be keeping the tort, I have health issues and can never commit to any long term living critters anymore. I guess I was a bit more attached than I had realized. It was the bathing. His daily baths were a bonding sort for us (me anyway). I kept my hands in his running water to maintain temperature and we (uh, I ) would chat, enjoying the sunlight through the window over the sink and the warm waters were therapeutic for my arthritis and he never cringed or cried when I sang. I never have down-time and those daily events were hard to arrange but fully worth it. So I'm feeling ok-ish but looking forward to getting past all this. The multiple antibiotics made me terribly sick. Im facing some surgery soon as my health improves enough for it. Unrelated to my current issues but detected in my exams. I'm scared but that's life per say. I'm glad I'm able to stop by here and participate again. Hugs.
Oh Shame, Kelly. That is a sad and very inspiring story at the same time. It is very difficult to have to be sick and not be able to do the things that we want and or see other people being able to do. A very BIG ELECTRONIC HUG for you. I never really know what to say for things like this, I wish however I could send to you and Linda and her friend/s the feeling that I have in my heart for the pain that you are all going through right now. As it is very difficult to put into words what I would love be able to say to you all to make you feel better.:<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::(:(

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It was funny really. In the 1980s there was kind of a mixed reaction to it. JoesDad and I met at university. He got a job in London and, 12 months later, so did I. Moving into his house share was the obvious thing to do.

My parents didn’t seem to mind. Or they knew better than to challenge it.

So I ended up sharing with three males for about 12 months before JoesDad and I got our own place.

I remember my Aunt asking me “What are the girls like that you’re sharing a house with?” I replied “They’re boys actually, but they’re very nice”. It went very quiet :D (My eldest cousin was only 11 and my Aunt has quite strong religious views)

Anyway, I broke the ground because both my cousins cohabited before marriage too and my Aunt and I are best friends still :)
Yay, for woman who pave the way for the new generation. Well done Linda.

Bee62

Germany
Hello, thanks for asking !! I was terribly ill but I survived, like usual (wink). I was able to find a great home for the tort I had taken in. I'm teary-eyed over it but he's really in a great home. I guess it happened faster than I had thought it would. I had pictured us sitting in a field, my sun-brella n comfy chair, along with a book (perhaps the essays of Montaigne I just picked up) that I could easily look over the top of to check on the tort who would be grazing like a mini lawnmower. I had already gotten a bunch of fencing and already asked the building super to notify me when he would be doing the landscaping. Which is probably many, many weeks away. I earned the raised eyebrow on that one seeing as he was putting snow shovels into his truck that day. I knew I wouldn't be keeping the tort, I have health issues and can never commit to any long term living critters anymore. I guess I was a bit more attached than I had realized. It was the bathing. His daily baths were a bonding sort for us (me anyway). I kept my hands in his running water to maintain temperature and we (uh, I ) would chat, enjoying the sunlight through the window over the sink and the warm waters were therapeutic for my arthritis and he never cringed or cried when I sang. I never have down-time and those daily events were hard to arrange but fully worth it. So I'm feeling ok-ish but looking forward to getting past all this. The multiple antibiotics made me terribly sick. Im facing some surgery soon as my health improves enough for it. Unrelated to my current issues but detected in my exams. I'm scared but that's life per say. I'm glad I'm able to stop by here and participate again. Hugs.
It is always heartbreaking giving an animal away. I can understand you well. Good that you found a great home for the tort. That would be comforting for me too.
I am very sorry to hear about your health problems and I am very glad that you came back and stay with us. Lots of love and the strong wish that your health improves from me to you.
And a very big, long and comforting hug for you now !
a01c538a40ff8906e5eb75853aed0c6d.jpg

The text says: The best hugs on earth are those when you are pressed so strong that you can hear the heartbeat of the other person.

Bee62

Germany
Good morning, roommates! Ready to fly here. Before I do, here’s a glimpse of our wonderful spring morning:
View attachment 234435
:eek:
Not see you all later!
I am maybe old, but I remember that spring mornings look somehow different. There shouldn`t be this white stuff all around.
How was it called ???
Snow ?:confused::confused:

Bee62

Germany
It was funny really. In the 1980s there was kind of a mixed reaction to it. JoesDad and I met at university. He got a job in London and, 12 months later, so did I. Moving into his house share was the obvious thing to do.

My parents didn’t seem to mind. Or they knew better than to challenge it.

So I ended up sharing with three males for about 12 months before JoesDad and I got our own place.

I remember my Aunt asking me “What are the girls like that you’re sharing a house with?” I replied “They’re boys actually, but they’re very nice”. It went very quiet :D (My eldest cousin was only 11 and my Aunt has quite strong religious views)

Anyway, I broke the ground because both my cousins cohabited before marriage too and my Aunt and I are best friends still :)
That is an interesting story. I think in the 80 th in Germany no one would mind when a man and a woman had been living together without being married.

Bee62

Germany
Thank you Sabine, My Mom crossed the Rainbow Bridge 25 years ago. I have dealt with the pain and sorrow. This year has just brought it to the forefront of my mind as I am the same age as my Mom was when she crossed. But it is all good. It is life, and I very firmly believe that you have a set time to be born, a set time to die and it is what you do with the time inbetween that counts.

It is life, and I very firmly believe that you have a set time to be born, a set time to die and it is what you do with the time inbetween that counts.

Very true !

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
A very long distance me thinks ...:)
The time change don`t make it easier. :(
No it does not. You guys are normally sleeping when I am awake, and getting busy when I am preparing to go to sleep.;) But think of it like a game of chess, one of us makes our move, then walks away....you make your move then go away, and we come back to see what your move was so that we can make our next move. This is what makes it fun sometimes. Long winded but still fun sometimes.

Bee62

Germany
No it does not. You guys are normally sleeping when I am awake, and getting busy when I am preparing to go to sleep.;) But think of it like a game of chess, one of us makes our move, then walks away....you make your move then go away, and we come back to see what your move was so that we can make our next move. This is what makes it fun sometimes. Long winded but still fun sometimes.
Or it is some kind of domino play, you push one little stone and it will bring the next one to struggel.... and the next.... and the next...
dominosteine-4-6f626c9b-ddfb-4678-ab95-b2de8a6878c6.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Or it is some kind of domino play, you push one little stone and it will bring the next one to struggel.... and the next.... and the next...
dominosteine-4-6f626c9b-ddfb-4678-ab95-b2de8a6878c6.jpg
I like your thinking. BUUUTTTT we wouldn't fall over. We all stand up straight and tall. Even though it sometimes feels like a hammer trying to beat us into the ground, our roommates are always there to help you stand up straight and tall.

Bee62

Germany
I like your thinking. BUUUTTTT we wouldn't fall over. We all stand up straight and tall. Even though it sometimes feels like a hammer trying to beat us into the ground, our roommates are always there to help you stand up straight and tall.
It should only be an example. I am glad when no one really struggles, of course.