COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I managed to snap these just now with my cell phone.
I believe it to be a Calliope male. With it being a cloudy day his plumage is not vibrant looking.
View attachment 236122View attachment 236123

Very cool. Nice that they do sit down once in awhile! I need to hunt around for our hummer feeders.... they should be arriving soon now that temps are warming.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. It’s 11:35pm here and I really should be asleep, but the day has been so exciting.

Firstly we loaded our car with things for our daughter’s new flat and then we drove to Salisbury Plain (about 2 hours). The Plain is mostly owned by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and used for army exercises, but it’s also an amazing wildlife habitat.

There we joined a small tour (just 7 of us) which was taken out into remote farmland... and yes there were tanks, red flags and big bangs... to see the Great Bustards. It was brilliant! I never expected to see so many. The males are huge... up to 3 feet tall. And they were both displaying and fighting. The photos aren’t very good. I need a better camera
IMG_6943.jpg
IMG_6936.jpg
IMG_6923.jpg

After an excellent pub lunch (Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and lots of veggies and gravy followed by a ginormous portion of fruit crumble & custard) we went to daughter’s new flat and I have spent the evening helping her to build flat pack furniture.

When JoesDad got home he sent the best news of all... Mrs Bluet-it is spending her first night in her nest. Maybe there will be an egg tomorrow?! I’m so excited!

This is the photo he sent me
IMG_6950.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good evening all. It’s 11:35pm here and I really should be asleep, but the day has been so exciting.

Firstly we loaded our car with things for our daughter’s new flat and then we drove to Salisbury Plain (about 2 hours). The Plain is mostly owned by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and used for army exercises, but it’s also an amazing wildlife habitat.

There we joined a small tour (just 7 of us) which was taken out into remote farmland... and yes there were tanks, red flags and big bangs... to see the Great Bustards. It was brilliant! I never expected to see so many. The males are huge... up to 3 feet tall. And they were both displaying and fighting. The photos aren’t very good. I need a better camera
View attachment 236135
View attachment 236136
View attachment 236137

After an excellent pub lunch (Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and lots of veggies and gravy followed by a ginormous portion of fruit crumble & custard) we went to daughter’s new flat and I have spent the evening helping her to build flat pack furniture.

When JoesDad got home he sent the best news of all... Mrs Bluet-it is spending her first night in her nest. Maybe there will be an egg tomorrow?! I’m so excited!

View attachment 236138
WOW!!!!! What an exciting day: Great Bustands AND Bluet its!!!! :):<3:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 236135
View attachment 236136
View attachment 236137

View attachment 236138
Yayyy. Typical they always plan for when you are not there.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good Morning All.
I am at Jarrods school waiting to have a meeting with the principal at his request. Will let you know later what it was about. I hope you all have an awesome day. Not chat later.

Good luck with the meeting. It doesn’t sound like good news, but we can keep our fingers crossed. :)

My governor school is in the process of inviting a number of students, accompanied by their parents, for a meeting with the Principal and a governor to remind them on the school’s expectations of behaviour and/or “attitude to learning”.

They’re usually pretty positive meetings - a bit of a shock to a teenager that thought Mum wouldn’t know that he/she hadn’t been applying themselves appropriately!

It’s not like any of the adults were never teenagers themselves despite what the teenager concerned believes :D

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 236135
View attachment 236136
View attachment 236137

View attachment 236138

Aw, talons crossed! [emoji173]️

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning, roommates!
It’s foggy here, but pretty warm.
[ EDIT: insert picture of a foggy square here. Because TFO won’t let me do it. :confused: ]
Husband’s been away for two weeks in the States and is going to Brussels tonight, straight after the transatlantic flight back. Daughter and I are planning to go to the airport and get his big bag and bring him a fresh shirt, after which he can fly on.

Last edited: