COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Saw you’ve found another tort egg. How awesome - your Easter egg hunt continues :D
Lol. It seems that torts are worse than rabbits. Only kidding. The thing is with Bowsprits they only lay one egg at a time but they can lay 6 to 7 times a year. So while other species lay alot of eggs at a time they lay one many times[emoji16] .

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Lol. It seems that torts are worse than rabbits. Only kidding. The thing is with Bowsprits they only lay one egg at a time but they can lay 6 to 7 times a year. So while other species lay alot of eggs at a time they lay one many times[emoji16] .
Which obviously hatch at different times.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Some views across the river Dyfi (pronounced Dovey) at Ynyshir (pronounced Uniss-here)
View attachment 236547 View attachment 236548

It’s very peaceful :)

Welch spelling bees must be interesting...[emoji6]

Lol, Bea! :D

I must say I’m struggling with Linda’s post. Just can’t get my mind past “Dyfi” pronounced as “Dovey”... :eek: It might even make me stop complaining about Danish spelling and pronunciation. Take “meget” pronounced as /ma:l/. :eek:

DE42

Good Morning Dan.
How are you doing? How much longer until your holiday?
It will be a few more weeks.
I'm ok I guess. Still got more issues coming up. I have an appointment with the surgeon Monday to talk about one thing then my gastroenterologist the 26th. Hopefully they can fix me up.

But all that aside it's a beautiful day outside today. So that makes me happy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

I must say I’m struggling with Linda’s post. Just can’t get my mind past “Dyfi” pronounced as “Dovey”... :eek: It might even make me stop complaining about Danish spelling and pronunciation. Take “meget” pronounced as /ma:l/. :eek:
I have no clue on how to pronounce your Danish word either.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It will be a few more weeks.
I'm ok I guess. Still got more issues coming up. I have an appointment with the surgeon Monday to talk about one thing then my gastroenterologist the 26th. Hopefully they can fix me up.

But all that aside it's a beautiful day outside today. So that makes me happy.
Thats the spirit. One day at a time and enjoy the happiness that you do find.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Following up on the Osprey in Wales.... was just sent this on a mother goose that has taken over an osprey nest... 35 feet above ground!

http://www.cbf.org/about-the-bay/more-than-just-the-bay/chesapeake-wildlife/ospreys/osprey-cam.html

.... and might you visit here? Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch (or Llanfairpwll, or Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, or Llanfair PG, or just Llanfair as it is known by the locals) is on the Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn) in Wales (Cymru). The town has become famous because of its very long name.

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Following up on the Osprey in Wales.... was just sent this on a mother goose that has taken over an osprey nest... 35 feet above ground!

http://www.cbf.org/about-the-bay/more-than-just-the-bay/chesapeake-wildlife/ospreys/osprey-cam.html

.... and might you visit here? Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch (or Llanfairpwll, or Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, or Llanfair PG, or just Llanfair as it is known by the locals) is on the Isle of Anglesey (Ynys Môn) in Wales (Cymru). The town has become famous because of its very long name.
My heart dropped into my toes when those little chicks jumped. Talk about a leap of faith.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

My brother’s second wife was Danish and they lived in Copenhagen for a while. He worked REEEEEALLY hard to learn Danish and says it’s a brain-buster for those of us used to a phonetic language!!!! [emoji33][emoji38]

Bambam1989

East Texas
Thought I would pop in and say hi to everyone.
This sleep problem seems to be steadily getting worse for me. It's been almost a month since I've had a proper nights rest.
My husband has pointed out that I often repeat myself or speak nonsense. I tried a sleep aid pill last night and it did nothing to help.
Side note- I was able to mow my grass in the front yard today. The back I'm leaving to hubby.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
This sleep problem seems to be steadily getting worse for me. It's been almost a month since I've had a proper nights rest.
My husband has pointed out that I often repeat myself or speak nonsense. I tried a sleep aid pill last night and it did nothing to help.
Side note- I was able to mow my grass in the front yard today. The back I'm leaving to hubby.
Do you know if you snore? You might want to get checked for sleep apnea. We found out my dad has it; one of my sisters got checked because she was having trouble focusing, and she has severe sleep apnea. She told me to get tested, and I have it too! They used to think it only occurred in obese people (none of us are obese: Dad is slender as is my sister, I am overweight but not obese) but in cases like ours it's due to jaw shape and position.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Do you know if you snore? You might want to get checked for sleep apnea. We found out my dad has it; one of my sisters got checked because she was having trouble focusing, and she has severe sleep apnea. She told me to get tested, and I have it too! They used to think it only occurred in obese people (none of us are obese: Dad is slender as is my sister, I am overweight but not obese) but in cases like ours it's due to jaw shape and position.
I don't snore that I know of.
I would describe it as "night frights". I bolt awake suddenly and then take forever to fall back asleep. This happens after I've been asleep for about an hour..

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I don't snore that I know of.
I would describe it as "night frights". I bolt awake suddenly and then take forever to fall back asleep. This happens after I've been asleep for about an hour..

I don’t know how you feel about taking something but I cannot sleep with my Sleep medicine from the dr. I take the generic of Ambien. It’s been about 10yrs. There’s plenty of others to try.

I feel for you.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Sorry to hear that. I had a rough time getting any sleep after daughter was born — and by “any”, I mean “any”, beyond the usual level of sleep deprivation. Melatonin and white noise helped significantly—in those rare hours of week when I could get a break. :rolleyes:
Sleep deprivation is a recognized form of torture. Hope you find a solution soon, Bambam! [emoji173]️

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

In Welsh Y is a vowel pronounced Uh as in sun... unless it’s pronounced i as in sit.

F, as in German, is a V sound. Ff gives you the soft F as in fish.

A single D is a hard D. Dd is pronounced th.

W is another vowel and pronounced oo as in spoon.

And ch and LL require training if you’re not to choke or spit on someone. JoesDad makes a right mess of the place names Machynlleth and Llanelli. [emoji23]

Mum is Welsh with family in the Llanelli area, so my sister and I were trained from birth!